Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

the broadcasting team for hull warrington

23 posts in this topic

well played

took every opportunity to make positive comments about the sport and well done the hull chair for doing the same

I like the anchor's laid back but at the same time enthusiastic approach

Superb stuff from the commentary

Not once did I wish they'd shut up

Their enthusiasm was genuine and unforced

They only looked at positives

Bravo BBC

I hope they all do the final.  (I know they won't but here's hoping!).

I was a huge sceptic when Chappers moved to BBC 5 Live from Radio 1 but he has grown on me over time and has put a lot of work in to enable him to chair discussions on a wide range of sports with a good deal of skill.

Did I hear right when his final line was "What a sport" ??

It might be nice to have one thread on the forum dedicated to coverage/commentators/pundits etc.

Chappers has always been good.

I like the BBC's presentation style, they seem to have really modernised, I like the relaced dress code and the way they stand on the sideline. At the same time the Sky team still look like a bunch of stuffy old men, which is an interesting contrast as it used to be the other way round.

I do think however that the BBC's camera angles and speed with their direction is as poor as ever. There was a lot they didn't show proper replays for, it reminded me of the Aussie coverage which I find does the same.

The one thing that is better than Sky is they seem to have the timing better for zooming in. On Sky, they usually switch to a close up view as the tackle has been made, but this usually misses the point of impact.

It's not often I notice things like I did today, but the phrase "that should've been a penalty" each time there's a slightly untidy ruck wasn't uttered once.

It was also nice not to hear "I'm not a fan of this free play rule". I also like how Mark Chapman has grown into the anchor role and appears to be genuinely enthusiastic about the game.

A refreshing lack of "er, er" and great running commentary which added to the excitement of the grand finish. Woods and Noble work really well together on Premier Sports and on the BBC, I really enjoy listening to the both of them together.

With Ian Smiths thoughts as he deliberates and Dave Woods and Nobby it's just like Premier Sports but a bit more polished.

Well done Beeb.

How big is he, he had to stoop to talk to Earl

Yes - credit to the BBC. And agreed on the specifics about no obsessing about penalties and celebrating what made the game exciting rather than focus on negatives.

Totally agree, so great to listen to positive comments reminding everyone what super human men RL players are. Good stuff !!

I watched the follow up on the red button.

I couldn'te believe my eyes and ears.

Chapman, Crabtree, Noble and Millward were having a ball

completely relaxed, witty, insightful and passionate.

I was moved by Adrian Morley's tribute to Graham Murray and the panel's follow up to it.

I was moved by Adrian Morley's tribute to Graham Murray and the panel's follow up to it.

Could not agree

.more!

It was  excellent, both yesterday AND today. 

The overall coverage was rather good I thought. Commentary excellent as ever from Woods and Noble is a great sidekick. No hysterical ranting and attempts to create controversy where there is none.

I didn't even get annoyed with the usually very irritating Basil.

Crabtree came over well, especially in the 'how do you recover from that' discussion.

A lot for Sky to learn from the people calling the game today. 

Very good during the game and excellent red button time - this is what we want more of, game analysis from people who actually know

Am I dreaming?

:D

Great to see a thread full of glowing positives, please keep it up!

Great loved it ! But whos doing the final???????

Eorl is rested for the final.  ;)

I like the fact the BBC use current players. Why dont Sky go with this approach?

Woods is excellent, Noble sticks to what he's good at. A winning combination for me. Chapman I think is good too.

Or even the odd journalist Dave (despite the fact they often cop a lot of criticism as at least it brings a different perspective to things).

Morley and the panel were bang on re Murray, our sport has some outstanding individuals which was demonstrated in many ways yesterday.