Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goingupthetown

Town V Sheffield

239 posts in this topic

At least it's a match on the box beats emmer dale farm or depression street in Workington!! D

Brainless comment about DR and us on Eagles forum , which the haven guy who loves to trawl every forum looking for a thread on town he can comment on dived in to with an even more brainless comment ... I take it our loanie is the guy who's just had a knee op ? The hypocrisy from haven fans commenting on us and DR is breathtaking , seeing how they've embraced it with such relish recently and the benefits that have accrued . And guess what , that man who called it a disgrace before realising what it could do for his average squad is looking at Saints again to plug the JJP gap ... How things change ?

Whats wrong with matty ?

you not know 106 i will check with charlo callum playing 9 keep up lad 

Hard game for youz bookies giving 18 points start theyre not usually too far away 

you not know 106 i will check with charlo callum playing 9 keep up lad 

He's just waiting for Charlo to whip his kecks down for a cack and he'll be right there staring up at his plums ready to ask

Hard game for youz bookies giving 18 points start theyre not usually too far away 

I know it's showing a lack of faith in our guys but under the circumstances I would be quite happy with an 18 point defeat.

Best of luck lads........UP THE TOWN

The bookies were more than a wee bit out with the Batley result.

We couldn't have had a more difficult fixture list for these 8 days and I was saying that if we could get one or two bonus points from Batley (A), Sheffield (A) and Fev (H) we would have done very well and we started off by picking up 3 at Batley. A bonus point from one or both of our other two games would be great but I think if our mindset is right we could do better on Sunday than just 1 point.

Tonight all I want to see is our lads being competitive for the full 80 minutes and getting back some pride after our previous televised match performances.

Absolutely right Keith . Lets just be competitive , not be 24-0 down after 20 minutes , give a good effort and finally show the viewers we are a decent side , and not one devoid of any attacking ideas who run around like guys who've never met each other and play catchup after another awful start . This is tough , as tough as it gets , and its no embarrassment to come away with nothing , everyone else will , but just lets see a gutsy performance that looks good. Any defeat is palatable if you've showed up , if they blow you off the park so be it , but don't make it easy .

Does anyone know of any pub or club showing the match tonight.

Would invite you to ours but our lass might have sumat to say,  you could go to the station road working men's they have it on I think.

Would invite you to ours but our lass might have sumat to say,  you could go to the station road working men's they have it on I think.

Watched it last year in The Grapes. Not sure if they still have it tho

Kris Coward tweeted that Town were still on the bus at 6.45, they've been travelling for 5 and a half hours so not expecting a great performance tonight !

cant post a link to the live stream (against forum rules) but anyone want it PM me ASAP

Dan Rooney starting at 13 tonight...

Carter

Flynn

Mossop

Connor

Miller

Lupton

Forber

Dowes

Phillips

Coward

Phillips