Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Single or multiple subject threads? You decide!

Would you prefer threads on individual TV shows etc, or general merged threads?   30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer threads on individual TV shows etc, or general merged threads?

• Allow threads for discussion about individual shows/films etc
    • Stick to having one merged mega thread for discussion about TV Shows / Film etc
    • Couldn't give two hoots either way

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Just browsing AOB today and noticed there's a thread about the TV show 'The Wire'.

Normally, our policy would be to merge this into the general 'TV Thread' but I'm wondering whether we should move away from large general threads like that (which lets be honest, don't appear to be that popular anyway) and let people start threads to discuss individual TV shows, films etc as and when they wish?

I doubt we'd end up being swamped with loads of threads anyway, but the ones we did have could at least stick to discussing a particular show or film, rather than ending up in a confusing trail of discussions about several shows all together.

I've started a poll, let the forum decide!

(PS: There is absolutely no truth in the suggestion that I'm only doing this because I want to start a new thread later this year to discuss the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. No truth I tell ye, none at all, don't believe it for a minute ;) )

Both have a place. But I'd edge towards single and ready to mingle. The blanket film thread has it's place more than TV I'd say.

As for Doctor Who, stick it in the Gulag.

Both have a place. But I'd edge towards single and ready to mingle. The blanket film thread has it's place more than TV I'd say.

As for Doctor Who, stick it in the Gulag.

Meet the new moderator, earthling! ;)

bifbangpow_dalek_small.jpg

If you could, I just know you'd change your name to John Dalek.

I agree with Hindle - I've gone for the "multiple threads" in the vote, but in reality both have a place. Bigger shows/films usually have justification for having their own thread, but sometimes you are enjoying watching something but might not feel the need to start one - hence the ongoing threads are the perfect place to let people know your thoughts.

Isn't that an architects model of bridge water place in leeds?

Both have their place.

I just wish you'd stop pinning stuff, aside from the match threads, if a thread can't stand on it's own two feet then so be it.

I guess we'll allow individual threads as well as keeping the merged telly and film thread, then. A fine TRL compromise if ever there was one. ;)

Both have their place.

I just wish you'd stop pinning stuff, aside from the match threads, if a thread can't stand on it's own two feet then so be it.

It's off topic, but I'll ask anyway. Which particular pinned threads bother you? Apart from the match threads, which were the result of popular demand, I wasn't aware we pinned that many others to the point where they might bug anyone. But always happy to receive feedback on such matters.

I like the match threads being pinned, it's an RL site after all.

The mighty penguins is pinned, I'm not interested but that's not the point, I view the site primarily by mobile and I want the most recent ones at the top not some random other stuff.

Highlights from the Royal Welsh Show were shown over five nights on BBC Wales during the last couple of weeks.

It had absolutely everything any viewer could want ...  prize sheep, pigs, cattle, horses, chickens, rabbits, ducks, cake-making and, to top it off, the Young Farmers' tug-of-war competition.

Surely, this deserves a thread all to itself.

;)  :biggrin: 

Highlights from the Royal Welsh Show were shown over five nights on BBC Wales during the last couple of weeks.

It had absolutely everything any viewer could want ... prize sheep, pigs, cattle, horses, chickens, rabbits, ducks, cake-making and, to top it off, the Young Farmers' tug-of-war competition.

Surely, this deserves a thread all to itself.

;):biggrin:

Sounds better than Dr Who.

Sounds better than Dr Who.

Hardly a recommendation.

(Prepares to be exterminated...)