Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Rhino

Bradford

100 posts in this topic

We had 100 pages of this stuff when Bradford went bust.

Suffice to say I've lost money with companies going bust, but it's up to me to not let them owe me too much or take a chance. Besides bad debts can be factored into pricing. These people do not mean to struggle, and often start again and I'm able to get back on track with them. I think Mr. Khan was very honourable in this matter and Bradford's demise was more "understandable" than a crime.

The best outcome for me is that they work through this & come back stronger.

I've watched them over the last 40 years (normally leaving Odsal with nothing!) and would not want to see them in dire straights

We had 100 pages of this stuff when Bradford went bust.

Suffice to say I've lost money with companies going bust, but it's up to me to not let them owe me too much or take a chance. Besides bad debts can be factored into pricing. These people do not mean to struggle, and often start again and I'm able to get back on track with them. I think Mr. Khan was very honourable in this matter and Bradford's demise was more "understandable" than a crime.

You seem to be makeing a good case for nobody getting involved with investing in League, or have i read that wrong?

We all seem to be assuming the worst here, maybe it's exactly what the man has said. I dont think Bradford have had many home games lately so that could well be a big factor.

Very sad that it looks like the BB are in the pooh again,the problem is at present on the revenue streams that some clubs have it is simply not a sustainable business model.

We need a solid 10 team SL with meaningful fixtures and a proper 3 match international test series every year.

Oh and Toulouse in PDQ.

All the current talk of a 8 8 8 or whatever is simply just papering over the cracks with 3/4 SL clubs on the brink yet again can anyone on here tell me how anything other than the above will work?

CM

I actually agree with you for once.

The problem here isn't just a Bradford one, its a general RL one. 

We don't build clubs, we build teams and encourage people to support the team. Worst still we rely on people supporting a winning team. Once that team falters or doesn't perform the reason for supporting the team diminishes.

We need to build clubs, clubs where people have an affiliation to the people involved and the other members of the club, the team should be secondary.

Being a member of a club is different to being a supporter of a team.

You seem to be making a good case for nobody getting involved with investing in League, or have i read that wrong?

Not at all, but if you trade with organisations who by their very nature don't make profits, then you run the risk of some bad debts.

I'm sure suppliers know the risk they take and will make enough to offset any money owing when it all goes belly up.

I'd guess local suppliers love to be involved with their local RL or soccer club, and once the new man comes in after belly up, they will go back for more.

The moral agonising ain't the real world.

We don't build clubs, we build teams and encourage people to support the team. Worst still we rely on people supporting a winning team. Once that team falters or doesn't perform the reason for supporting the team diminishes.

We need to build clubs, clubs where people have an affiliation to the people involved and the other members of the club, the team should be secondary.

Spot on.

That's why a vibrant youth system is key. So are teams at various age levels.

Back in the day I knew loads of people who preferred to watch the A team at Cas rather than the first team. They had a connection with it and it kept the roots of the club healthy. Worked better than DR and the standard was ok

The punishment of withdrawing the TV money only punishes the game itself as one of the great clubs potentially disappears forever.

For what will be the third time.This "great" title is getting somewhat devalued.

Very sad that it looks like the BB are in the pooh again,the problem is at present on the revenue streams that some clubs have it is simply not a sustainable business model.

We need a solid 10 team SL with meaningful fixtures and a proper 3 match international test series every year.

Oh and Toulouse in PDQ.

All the current talk of a 8 8 8 or whatever is simply just papering over the cracks with 3/4 SL clubs on the brink yet again can anyone on here tell me how anything other than the above will work?

CM

The Bulls are likely to be at the bottom of a ten team Sl if they, in fact, make the cut. Their already low crowds will fall farther. How is this scenario going to save their hides. A 10 team league has to have someone at the bottom and that team will likely not do very well.

The Bulls are likely to be at the bottom of a ten team Sl if they, in fact, make the cut. Their already low crowds will fall farther. How is this scenario going to save their hides. A 10 team league has to have someone at the bottom and that team will likely not do very well.

I thought the 10-team league had been abandoned (not that it was ever on the cards). It's going to be a 12-team league.

It looks like the Bulls alongside Cas, Wakey, London, Hull KR, Salford, Widnes are in the mix to be relegated.

Great that the club is being transparent though, as long as the board are doing that and trying their best fans can't really ask for more IMO.

Hope they get through it and have better times ahead.

transparent.............unlike some i could mention.

brilliant post padge.

transparent.............unlike some i could mention.

Tends to be the club's who go into administration.

Tends to be the club's who go into administration.

or blatantly cheat on the salary cap.............and get deducted 29 points as a consequence

Who says its transparency?

It's as likely to be a smokescreen given the information the club was putting our last week...

Apparently they're getting a bank loan to cover the wages, what could possibly go wrong ?

One thing not mentioned already is the fixture pattern

A club shouldn't live hand to mouth, but on 1/2 sky money and just finding its way out of administration the fixture pattern hasn't helped at all for a club who is doing just that

After their home game on 26th May the Bulls didn't have another home game until 23th June, so 4 weeks with no additional income from non season ticket holders or away fans.

In the last 10 weeks (including this week) I think the bulls have had 3 home games in 10 weeks, which is going to test any clubs finances

Its not an excuse but it must be a contributing factor, and with London and Catalan the next 2 home games its very worrying

What about when they get 3/4 home games in a row? Where's the money from that gone since they'd have had a surfeit?

The fixture list is a complete farce, three clubs including Bradford had to go 8 weeks without an home fixture. Fans like regularity of matches and when there is a long period without a game find something else to do. I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

Does the owners and directors taking a back seat have anything to do with it, are they sick of chucking money away and want out?

The fixture list is a complete farce, three clubs including Bradford had to go 8 weeks without an home fixture. Fans like regularity of matches and when there is a long period without a game find something else to do. I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

Huddersfield have had a long gap in their home fixtures this season and you're very right, fans like regularity in their matches and long gaps make it much harder than it needs be to get in new fans - if they have to wait more than a week to come to a game there is no point advertising the games

I can't see any reason why fixtures shouldn't rotate on a fairly fixed home and away basis.

How hard can it be?