Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Rhino

Bradford

100 posts in this topic

Google search

First result

Free fixture list planner

14 teams, home and away - simple as that

THIS is what will pull fans back in, never mind convoluted league structured - a bloody simple fixture list!

Google search

First result

Free fixture list planner

14 teams, home and away - simple as that

THIS is what will pull fans back in, never mind convoluted league structured - a bloody simple fixture list!

The fixture list is based on what Sky want, now what the clubs want.

HW

The fixture list is based on what Sky want, now what the clubs want.

HW

The game is based on what Sky want.

The game has to do as they say. If not the game would be finished.

Someone over on RLFans sent an email to Ryan Whincut and asked a couple of straight to the point questions, and his reply was a delay in releasing funds Omar Khan is putting in to support the Bulls this year AND NEXT which is coming from his own personal portfolio.

Dealing with clubs in administration is a delicate matter. I can only assume that the incidents leading a club into administration are down to the people running the club and it is them that should be dealt the punishment.

I know a punishment has to be handed out in some way, and it is always the players and fans who suffer as a result of a points deduction.

Is there an alternative punishment sports' govening bodies can impose? Do you agree that a points deduction is the correct form of punishment?

No drama here, all will be well

I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

Seems unlikely, since clubs won't even know who they'll be playing in the back third of the season until the last moment.

I imagine the directors of several SL clubs who are pushing for these changes may start to have doubts when they're suddenly facing a holiday season home match against Hunslet or Oxford.

Personally, I'm worried.

We've just signed about 4 players and employed Robbie Paul. The club said we'd be spending the cap next year as well. Both the club and the RFL have said there isn't an issue with the club.

Suspect it's a short term cash flow problem.

They said the player had got his dates wrong last week

And I've seen plenty of companies take on new staff while going out of business...(like Crusaders)

They said the player had got his dates wrong last week

And I've seen plenty of companies take on new staff while going out of business...(like Crusaders)

Like Kopczack and the Giants, the player did indeed get his dates wrong.

Maybe, but at least they had a choice unlike the likes of Fev, Fax etc

The fact that the people of Bradford haven't exactly flocked to support them hasn't helped either.

You seem to miss the point that even a broken Bradford is better supported than any of the other clubs you've mentioned.

If professional rugby league can't work in Bradford, there aren't many places it will work. Hence, we should all be concerned.

You seem to miss the point that even a broken Bradford is better supported than any of the other clubs you've mentioned.

If professional rugby league can't work in Bradford, there aren't many places it will work. Hence, we should all be concerned.

That is the only reason they are still in SL. The greedy clubs getting all the money did not want a lesser supported team to be allowed to take their place and try to build their support base over time. they wanted the already established fan base that Bradford had historically. Its fantastic if you are in SL, but it is this closed shop attitude, that is killing the game below the top table.

I do hope Bradford survive, but do think they should have been relegated in the first episode.

The game is not dying anywhere. Keep shouting it though, I mean it's got the RFL so worked up they're forcing through their new structure.

The game is not dying anywhere. Keep shouting it though, I mean it's got the RFL so worked up they're forcing through their new structure.

You've changed your tune

The fixture list is a complete farce, three clubs including Bradford had to go 8 weeks without an home fixture. Fans like regularity of matches and when there is a long period without a game find something else to do. I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

Like you i want to see greater thought going into the fixture list. Challenge cup games apart, i can't see the problem of having a home game every other week.

I did wonder at first if it was an effect of teams at footy grounds relaying pitches, i.e. if some teams have extended periods away from their ground for that reason it could have a knock-on effect to other teams, although I dunno if this has been a case this season.

I did wonder at first if it was an effect of teams at footy grounds relaying pitches, i.e. if some teams have extended periods away from their ground for that reason it could have a knock-on effect to other teams, although I dunno if this has been a case this season.

Sounds sensible to me, all grounds will need an element of maintainece I'd imagine, must be a tough gig for ground staff, even in sole occupancy stadiums given the hammer a pitch can take in the early parts of the season as we move through Winter and Spring.

Sounds sensible to me, all grounds will need an element of maintainece I'd imagine, must be a tough gig for ground staff, even in sole occupancy stadiums given the hammer a pitch can take in the early parts of the season as we move through Winter and Spring.

My over simplification of it came about, for example, Wigan had their pitch relayed (relaid?) last season and were away from the DW for a while... I thought perhaps in this case, if Wigan were away for a period of time then some teams would also have to be away in order for the fixture list to work...

... Or maybe not. Confusing myself now!

My over simplification of it came about, for example, Wigan had their pitch relayed (relaid?) last season and were away from the DW for a while... I thought perhaps in this case, if Wigan were away for a period of time then some teams would also have to be away in order for the fixture list to work...

... Or maybe not. Confusing myself now!

Looking at this seasons Wigan fixtures, if they hadn't been drawn at home to Leigh in the Challenge Cup then there'd have been a gap between the home league game on the 7th April against Wakefield until the 28th June when they next played at home to Castleford.  But from the Cas game onwards finish with 7 home matches in the remaining 9 rounds.  Presumably this is by design to, as you say allow for maintainence.

They must draw lots in Red Hall as to which mug gets to compile the fixture list each year, must be a thankless task!

Looking at this seasons Wigan fixtures, if they hadn't been drawn at home to Leigh in the Challenge Cup then there'd have been a gap between the home league game on the 7th April against Wakefield until the 28th June when they next played at home to Castleford.  But from the Cas game onwards finish with 7 home matches in the remaining 9 rounds.  Presumably this is by design to, as you say allow for maintainence.

They must draw lots in Red Hall as to which mug gets to compile the fixture list each year, must be a thankless task!

So as an extension of this I thought; well someone needs to be at home and someone needs to be away, so if (in this case) Wigan needed to be away then other teams would too.

And to perhaps back this up, those weekends slightly coincide with Bradford's fixtures too, home Sunday 14th April then just the single home game Friday 3rd May before Sunday 23rd June.

Anyway, 3 home games in the first 4 games and 3 home games in the last 4 probably put us on the back foot as this time. Although I'da thunk we'd have budgeted for this situation anyway. But I know nowt about running a rugby club and just stick to blaming the RFL and Huddersfield... boo... farce.

The problem with these long gaps between home fixtures is the fact that fans can soon find other attractions away from the game. The stupid thing also if you are a long distance travel supporter like myself, when the weather was bad in February and March, fixtures were on a regular basis. Come the good weather and home fixtures were few and far between.

From May to September Salford have 6 home games.

There must be an easy method of allocating games.

You've changed your tune

I have never once said the game is dying. Not once. I have, however, repeatedly said (perhaps too often but I genuinely believe it) that the changes being brought in will do the game great damage.

As far as I can tell, the only people who usually employ the phrase "the game is dying" are the ones who are so desperate to see their championship club get promoted so that they can get destroyed in SL and then hit financial trouble upon relegation.