Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marauder

Operational Rules

183 posts in this topic

You would have us believe that we are following the professionals into what has been a successfully switch with them moving into a summer base competition, isn't the pro game struggling ?

Reference the juniors, isn't it somewhere in the region of 35 , 16 to 18 year old teams that have folded over the last 18 months with them being busy with their exams and their first year of freedom so to speak,

And the trouble with juniors they have a habit of becoming open age players and will no doubt be faced with all the distraction that has seen a loss in player availability during peak summer months now.

Summer is a good concept for those wanting to play in summer, summer rugby has been around for a long time and if it was suitable for the masses then surly more teams would have taken it up years ago.

However only time will tell

I've yet to have any of our youth team players approach me and say they would be happy to forgo the delights of women and beer if we switched back to winter. From what I have seen those youth teams still playing in winter leagues are suffering as much as those in summer based leagues.

I've yet to have any of our youth team players approach me and say they would be happy to forgo the delights of women and beer if we switched back to winter. From what I have seen those youth teams still playing in winter leagues are suffering as much as those in summer based leagues.

And what have you seen young man

Er teams in winter based youth leagues ( such as the Yorkshire Combination Youth League) struggling to fulfill fixtures because they can't raise a team.

Quite possibly but I haven't read all your posts and I just put it better! Perhaps if everyone took a step back and took a deep breathe they would realise there actually isn't that much dividing the two sides.

Just for the record I'm a new member and can honestly say I haven't got a clue who any of the posters are on this forum or what their stance is on various things but it is obviously an important issue that will no doubt continue to be discussed.

I will let you off whilst your a newbie ??????????

But you should read what other posters post it saves time .

Newbie :ph34r: Call me bad minded.

Anyone else noticed a new glut of pro summer  members since the last lot took their teddy's home.

Hey can you not go back onto your beloved NCL topic and leave us amateur activists alone or are you missing us Mr B ?

No, this is a 'proper topic' with ideas, discussion, opinion, argument, etc. Apart from a few sniping posts it is a very good read.

OK, you are bad minded.    

Kept me alive on many occasions

Still no clearer. Your club or NWC?

Our little mob is of course Nwc Juniors ,don't think any club can lose 300 players ?

Not sure of the decline in numbers at OA but looking at the number of 24-0 each week I think it must be on a parallel ,and interesting to note how many NCL reserve teams cant put a side out .

Our little mob is of course Nwc Juniors ,don't think any club can lose 300 players ?

Not sure of the decline in numbers at OA but looking at the number of 24-0 each week I think it must be on a parallel ,and interesting to note how many NCL reserve teams cant put a side out .

Correct, some NCL sides are currently operating without a reserve side, in my area Wigan , within a a four mile area 4 NCL teams are struggling turning out an A team, including St pats, sorry 4 for us, but I was drinking with your 2nd team coach Saturday and he was relieved that the opponents call the game off before he had to

Er teams in winter based youth leagues ( such as the Yorkshire Combination Youth League) struggling to fulfill fixtures because they can't raise a team.

Er .. what age group and when

U18. I can't remember the exact dates. Are you suggesting that no Yorkshire Combination Youth League U18 games were postponed in last season due to teams being unable to raise a side? There were plenty. I cancelled some and had some cancelled on me.

As for NCL sides operating without reserve teams so what? Premiership Football clubs with all the money and playing resources you could possibly want operate without reserve sides. In reality it may be that in playing terms having an 'A' team is of no real benefit to the NCL side because of the differing playing standards between the respective leagues. This may be a key factor in weather to run an A team.

Other clubs may take the view that they want to run an A side because they have sufficient playing interest and it will provide additional revenue. There's plenty of examples of both out there. I don't see any right or wrong answer or summer / winter issue. Each club to its own.

Er .. what age group and when

Our summer players (U15/U16) were asked to play for a couple of winter sides who needed players. When ours came back, one of those teams failed to complete the season.

U18. I can't remember the exact dates. Are you suggesting that no Yorkshire Combination Youth League U18 games were postponed in last season due to teams being unable to raise a side? There were plenty. I cancelled some and had some cancelled on me.

As for NCL sides operating without reserve teams so what? Premiership Football clubs with all the money and playing resources you could possibly want operate without reserve sides. In reality it may be that in playing terms having an 'A' team is of no real benefit to the NCL side because of the differing playing standards between the respective leagues. This may be a key factor in weather to run an A team.

Other clubs may take the view that they want to run an A side because they have sufficient playing interest and it will provide additional revenue. There's plenty of examples of both out there. I don't see any right or wrong answer or summer / winter issue. Each club to its own.

I wasn't saying anything Gar it was a question that I've asked which you gave a  loose answer to.

And I always thought that A team/youth structure was part of the entry criteria for NCL. Could this be a reason for the slip in standards in the games and just another blind eye turned by the management. It would certainly account for a lack of fixtures in the summer regional leagues

Our summer players (U15/U16) were asked to play for a couple of winter sides who needed players. When ours came back, one of those teams failed to complete the season.

Our under 17's folded (was always a small squad and only won about 3 games in 3 years)

However about 9 of the U17's stepped up to open age with our second team and 3 of them where eventually given a chance in the first team, what the U17's  team had was about 7 excellent players a few that could develop at a older age and the reliable will never make one while they have a hole in their butt.

in our pre-season we've had all of last seasons under 17's down training except 2 (Probably the best 2 that have joined the army) and looking to play open-age next season.

I wasn't saying anything Gar it was a question that I've asked which you gave a  loose answer to.

And I always thought that A team/youth structure was part of the entry criteria for NCL. Could this be a reason for the slip in standards in the games and just another blind eye turned by the management. It would certainly account for a lack of fixtures in the summer regional leagues

Apologies if I came across as a bit sharp Nev V Dawn. If they have turned a blind eye they probably don't have much choice and it would seem the sensible thing given the current circumstances.

Apologies if I came across as a bit sharp Nev V Dawn. If they have turned a blind eye they probably don't have much choice and it would seem the sensible thing given the current circumstances.

And what are the current circumstances Gar?

You seem not to want to answer my last question to you Gar, below are a few pointers that may suggest why;

NCL Constitution rule 7.1 

The National Conference League shall operate and apply strictly a Minimum Standards criterion to which all clubs in membership shall be obliged to comply.

From Appendix 1 - minimum standards criteria:

Operate with a minimum of two open age essentially linked to a youth and junior section – including a team at the highest level and a mini mod structure

Operational rule 16.2

The failure to comply with these Rules may result in the expulsion or non-admission of a Club from the NCL Competition or such other penalty as deemed appropriate by the NCL Management in its discretion. The exercise of such discretion shall be proportionate to the seriousness of non- compliance by that Club

So you're suggesting that the NCL surrender the integrity of their league by as you suggest, "Turning a blind eye given the present circumstances"