Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Hunslet Game.

89 posts in this topic

It was a great try.  

He also scored a fantastic try against Hunslet at Elland Road, taking the ball behind his own line and going the length of the field.

Just need to modify your statement slightly.

He took the ball in the normal field of play, but retreated to the in-goal area to avoid two on-rushing Hunslet players. Dennis helped him by pointing to the posts as he ran alongside him. As if Eddie needed telling!

Just need to modify your statement slightly.

He took the ball in the normal field of play, but retreated to the in-goal area to avoid two on-rushing Hunslet players. Dennis helped him by pointing to the posts as he ran alongside him. As if Eddie needed telling!

My eyes are misting over. Please Perleeeeees Glenn - get us a good fast winger for next year (worrincey will do).

My eyes are misting over. Please Perleeeeees Glenn - get us a good fast winger for next year (worrincey will do).

Who could we get that's available?

Got to be Greg Ashcroft for me. Gave the late great Clive Sullivan the runaround at the Boulevard one evening and given half a yard he was planting the ball down undert sticks 

Any chance of getting misi the eagles winger. Quality player and fastest in the league.

Who could we get that's available?

Well Omari Caro is not featuring at HKR, and Jamel Chisholm has been in the Rhinos squad for four years without getting a SL game (played a few games for Hunslet this year on DR). Both players are lightning fast and might fancy a seasons loan - there must be others on SL books, and maybe GM has some old Bondai beach sprint mates he could call on. Out of curiosity, can anybody think of another championship team with slower wingers ?

Nope just us. We all got told morton was lighting fast but that is not the case. Sheffield's three quarters will destroy ours on sunday if we go wandering :-(

Any chance of getting misi the eagles winger. Quality player and fastest in the league.

misi is Indeed very good when he wants, he's far to easy to wind up though and then he just wants to fight anyone & everyone.

Alex Brown is good on attack but his defence is shocking.

Got to be Greg Ashcroft for me. Gave the late great Clive Sullivan the runaround at the Boulevard one evening and given half a yard he was planting the ball down undert sticks 

He wasn't a patch on Dai Thomas.

:beach:

Nope just us. We all got told morton was lighting fast but that is not the case. Sheffield's three quarters will destroy ours on sunday if we go wandering :-(

He probably is for a Full Back!!!!    :no:  :no:  

He may well have been before his knee reconstruction - I rather think the same will apply to Austin. Even with the very best medical care, you lose your edge after an op like that - ask Michael Owen.

He wasn't a patch on Dai Thomas.

:beach:

Your probably right BSJ, but a bit before my time. 1968 to present day for me.