Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

01/08/13 - London Broncos v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

Discuss London Broncos v Leeds Rhinos here.

sorry broncos, i can't see anything else but a comfortable win for the loiners..

Leeds win in front of a crowd of 6 people. Rest of the crowd to turn up next Monday.

Anything but a 40+ margin for Leeds would be a disappointment. London 12-18 points behind at half time, Leeds will run away with it in the second half.

The move from Monday 5th to Thursday 1st did for me, I will be watching the Ashes not the Thrashes.

On Backchat last night Martyn Sadler advocated Shaun Edwards being brought in as London Coach.some points about this

Firstly, Shaun Edwards turned down the London Coaching job in 2006. He made it clear he wanted to stay in Rugby Union. (A Pastel Revolution Page 116)

Secondly, The RFL does not force our owner to do anything, indeed the advice that has been proffered by the RFL he has chosen to ignore and this is also a matter of public record. In his lament on franchising at a recent seminar, Gary Hetherington made a point about the RFL not having the power to tackle clubs making a mess of the franchise. I think the Broncos might well have been exhibit A

Finally, Tony Rea is a close friend of David Hughes, the two of them are part of a select band of people who know the direction of travel for the club, certainly not players or fans, you may or may not wish to include Gus Mackay in that number but you certainly can include one Michael Stephenson curiously absent last night.

I will be getting back to watch the opening of the SKY telecast with greast interest, perhaps it may go something like.

Eduardo "He's not got that many friends in Rugby League, but one of them's David Hughes and he has some news for Stevo"

Much mirth and laughter at the injoke by the dynamic duo

Stevo "Well Eddie the problems at this club are well known and as I have said the people of London have consistently shown that they do not want Rugby League in the Capital, so David has confirmed to me that....."

Stay tuned...

London 6 Leeds 58 Attendance 1,742.

Why is this game being played in London.?

Surely there would be a better attendance at Elland Road.

The grave dancers' union will be out in force.

Why is this game being played in London.?

Surely there would be a better attendance at Elland Road.

Do you mean elland road on purpose? Or did you think that the rhinos played there?

Think he meant Elland Road would be a good neutral venue, a bit like LSV last Saturday.

Yeh, i suppose - still dont think many london fans would make it up to Elland road :)

Brian McDermott looks ahead to this Thursday’s game at London Broncos.

WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM LONDON ON THURSDAY NIGHT?

First and foremost I think we can forget about their performance at the weekend in the Challenge Cup. They will have been bitterly disappointed with that game but we won’t see that type of performance from them on Thursday night. They will be determined to get their season back on track and finish the campaign strongly starting with the visit of the Champions to their own patch. I am sure that will have been the talk after the Wigan game in their camp and that defeat will have been put to one side almost immediately. They have got some emerging youngsters and Jamie Soward is a quality addition to their squad so we will not be underestimating them.

WILL IT BE AN EMOTIONAL OCCASION ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS?

There is plenty of emotions around the game with it being Kevin Sinfield’s 500th game in his career and of course following the sad death of Graham Murray. Kev and Jamie Jones-Buchanan played under Graham and many at the club have spoken about the lasting legacy he has left at the Rhinos. For Kevin is it an incredible achievement to have reached 500 games and it is testament to the complete professional he is. A good example of why he has reached this landmark is how he looked after himself with his recent injury, the way he lives his life and the sacrifices he makes ensures that if he gets injured, which is rarely, he is back ready to play sooner than most.

HOW IS YOUR SIDE SHAPING UP?

We have recalled Paul McShane to the 19 man squad ahead of us leaving for London in place of Jimmy Keinhorst. This is to cover for a couple of injury concerns we have and Paul gives us more options. We are pleased to have Kallum Watkins and Ryan Bailey back this week. Both players are looking forward to getting back on the field, Ryan after a lengthy lay off and Kallum following a frustrating week out last week having returned from injury just recently himself.

Do you mean elland road on purpose? Or did you think that the rhinos played there?

Think it was a piece of mischievous irony.

Naughty but amusing...

Leeds to win by more than 30? Anyone agree its going to be a walkover? Or will London roll their sleeves up?

That's a little specific..

I'm in that sort of mood. I've just asked the missus for enough money out of her housekeeping for exactly 5 pints so I can tootle off down the pub in the village later - reaction pending.....

I'm in that sort of mood. I've just asked the missus for enough money out of her housekeeping for exactly 5 pints so I can tootle off down the pub in the village later - reaction pending.....

Binge drinker!

With blurred vision the scoreline may look acceptable for London..

With blurred vision the scoreline may look acceptable for London..

There is not enough beer in Suffolk to get someone that juiced up.....

:blink:

Think he meant Elland Road would be a good neutral venue, a bit like LSV last Saturday.

:)

Think it was a piece of mischievous irony.

Naughty but amusing...

B)