Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

01/08/13 - London Broncos v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

Given it was a home game - smiley face - just saying - not throwing stones...

I think London showed that they are not a hopeless side, while Leeds did what they had to do.

I think London showed that they are not a hopeless side, while Leeds did what they had to do.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

London wound me up, actually. If they can play like that against Leeds in front of the TV cameras, why have they been serving up such sh*t every week for the rest of the season? The likes of Howell, Randall, Kaufusi, Rodney, Witt, and Robertson have been stealing a living for the past few years. 

That said, Krasniqi worked his knackers off. I don't think he's big enough to ever be a really dominant prop, but I would really like to see him given a  run at 13, playing in that Paul Gallen mould. The other locals did their bit too. It's easy to forget just how young some of the Londoners are - Krasniqi is 21, Sarginson 20, McMeeken 19, Woodburn-Hall 18 - because they seem to have been playing for a long time. Sign of a badly run club, for my money, that youngsters are dumped into the first team before they are ready and expected to play like seasoned-veterans. Made worse by having the aforementioned imports supposedly leading the way. There must be one hell of an imbalance in the hard work to earning power ratio at the club.

Just by way of comparison, Sam Tomkins was 19 when he debuted for Wigan, and 20 when he got a regular spot in the team. London-raised players have always been later developers purely because they are not immersed in the sport the same way lads in WIgan, etc are. They've been asked to do things the past few years that they simply aren't ready for whilst huge sums of money have been wasted on 'name' imports.

Apparently Heathrow recorded the highest temperature any where in the UK for 10 years yesterday - I got the impression that in the last few minutes the two teams were so shattered that they were just going through the motions!

I thought Leeds were below par,passes not sticking and a lack of communication.London improved on last weeks performance.

Well you can put me down as a defeatist but from where I was sat this was a pleasing performance.

True enough the result was never really in doubt but at least we gave our all on the whole.

Leeds should have done better imo but did what they needed to. 2 points is 2 points I suppose I