Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

02/08/13 - Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

181 posts in this topic

No!!!!!!!!

At this rate we'll discover that Charnley's other try should have been and that 2 of HKR's tries would have been chalked off for blatant obstruction and dropping the ball.

Wendall used to mark up the Warrington Gazette with the "correct" Wire scores and results. When I get my Wigan Evening Post I will adjust the score to 27 - 6, another comfortable victory in our undefeated season.

The RL Refs twitter feed has an explanation for the Charnley try on Friday by James Child, illustrated with still shots. Certainly makes you understand his thought process in giving the try and that it wasn't necessarily the incorrect call most thought. The RL Refs twitter interaction is one of the best additions this year.

It would be far more helpful where you to expand on that account.

Obviously the outcome of Mr Child's decision is acceptable to you as you are a clearly stated Wigan fan, but I am surprised that you have not put into words ( that rarely being an avoidance that you could be accused of :P ) the reasoning that the VR did offer as the basis of the decision he arrived at, a further explanation of his reasoning would be greatly appreciated and, I suspect not only by myself . 

That's harsh on F T, a very reasonable poster. I understood from his post that the pictures told the story and so presumably words would not do them justice...

It would be far more helpful where you to expand on that account.

Obviously the outcome of Mr Child's decision is acceptable to you as you are a clearly stated Wigan fan, but I am surprised that you have not put into words ( that rarely being an avoidance that you could be accused of :P ) the reasoning that the VR did offer as the basis of the decision he arrived at, a further explanation of his reasoning would be greatly appreciated and, I suspect not only by myself .

The still pictures from the touchline / behind Charnley at a slightly elevated angle suggest that the ball may have been grounded on the line before it hit the corner post and dead ball line. Not 100% conclusive due to the difficulty of the shadow of the ball making the distance to the ground difficult to judge. But certainly enough to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking side.

If you want the full explanation and photos check the Twitter feed.

The still pictures from the touchline / behind Charnley at a slightly elevated angle suggest that the ball may have been grounded on the line before it hit the corner post and dead ball line. Not 100% conclusive due to the difficulty of the shadow of the ball making the distance to the ground difficult to judge. But certainly enough to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking side. If you want the full explanation and photos check the Twitter feed.

That I do contend is taking something of a liberty with a camera! This is proof positive we are taking into account not shadows, smoke or mirrors G.

I accept there can be no absolutes where human error is concerned but that explanation is a pretty threadbare one to utilise in this instance.

Should that be Mr Childs excuse ( and I use that word intentionally) then I do believe he ought to be relieved in future of adjudicating over the VR responsibilities at any S/L game.

As for twitter, no thanks.

That I do contend is taking something of a liberty with a camera! This is proof positive we are taking into account not shadows, smoke or mirrors G.

I accept there can be no absolutes where human error is concerned but that explanation is a pretty threadbare one to utilise in this instance.

Should that be Mr Childs excuse ( and I use that word intentionally) then I do believe he ought to be relieved in future of adjudicating over the VR responsibilities at any S/L game.

As for twitter, no thanks.

Judge and jury without having viewed the evidence. Your choice to avoid it, but difficult to complain about a full explanation and camera angles when you haven't even seen it and it remains available. Feel free to bury your head in the sand in blissful ignorance that you are always right.