Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

04/08/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Salford City Reds KO 3pm

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford City Reds
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

Discuss Huddersfield Giants v Salford City Reds here.

Giants the minor premiers elect and possibly SL champions?will win this easily by 24,although the recent end of seasons fade outs will be on their minds.Next few weeks will be very interesting for the Gnats

I daren't call it

Voted home win just cos but we win the next 3 games were minor premiers IMO

Argh

I daren't call it

Voted home win just cos but we win the next 3 games were minor premiers IMO

Argh

Definitely a very good side,but without using the Fergie saying ,but it is coming to that time again.Surely they must not do it this time

I can't see why not, Huddersfield have the easier run in' now compared to Wigan.. I wouldn't write Warrington off just yet though, the remaining fixtures for them aren't too bad.

End of the season:

1. Huddersfield

2. Warrington

3. Wigan

Decider is when Huddersfield play Wigan next week though IMO.

Salford are struggling to field a team, 3 players are banned, 3 released, 4 at least injured.

24 point win for Giants

They can score points and have turned us over too often when a win would put us ahead

Hudds to win this after the defeat in Salford earlier in the season. Given the absence of the Salford boxers and other motivation Hudds are likely to get this game won early...

It's not just the boxers who are missing. James is injured and McPherson will probably still be out. That's the five main props.

Mauro, along with Foran, has been released. Gledhill who was out on loan is also gone. Jordan Walne is on loan. George Tyson from the academy got taken off in the last game and looks like he'll be out and there's rumours about Matty Ashurst being injured as well. Chris Nero has retired after suffering a neck injury.

So it looks like we'll be a bit short in the forwards.

The backs look a lot healthier with only our two best three quarters, Gleeson and Broughton missing.

Good job we started this season with such a powerful squad.

It's not just the boxers who are missing. James is injured and McPherson will probably still be out. That's the five main props.

Mauro, along with Foran, has been released. Gledhill who was out on loan is also gone. Jordan Walne is on loan. George Tyson from the academy got taken off in the last game and looks like he'll be out and there's rumours about Matty Ashurst being injured as well. Chris Nero has retired after suffering a neck injury.

So it looks like we'll be a bit short in the forwards.

The backs look a lot healthier with only our two best three quarters, Gleeson and Broughton missing.

Good job we started this season with such a powerful squad.

So, a Salford win then?  ;)

Anyone would think you've been disappointed in the past. ;)

30 odd years of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory lol

I can't get to this one, or the Wigan game sadly.

Up the Giants!

If Fartown can't win this in some style they can forget winning anything, Thats not to belittle Salford in any way ( They have turned us over often enough ) But they have lots of men missing, The danger is same as always, thinking it will be easy,

Last game we were coasting and got a right fright in second half, I expect them to have learned something from that.

Giants by 20

Yeah

Giants better be pumped for this one, second to last home game and intensity building for next weeks epic at Wigan

Salford may be short of experience in the pack but the spine of the side has remained the same for the past few games.

Danger all over the park from Huddersfield but Brough had a poor game by his standards at SCS and Huddersfield overall didn't look a top side on their Good Friday appearance. 

I expect a good display from the Salford half-backs and a good effort from the youngsters added to the squad.

I am also hoping the spelling of Godwin will be beneficial with a number of the former Under 20's being reunited.

Certainly are short of experience in the forwards. Noble normally has five props in the 17 . Tomorrow it looks like we'll be starting with Neal and Adam Walne, with Alex Davidson, who is on academy contract, the only other prop in the 19 man squad.

Will Hope will probably start in the second row and I would think we'll have Jordan Walne and Jordan Davies on the bench.

There are 10 of last year's academy team in the 19 man squad, so we'll probably be looking at 8 in the 17, plus 23 year old Davies, who played junior RL at Eccles.

Really hope the young lads go well and give Nobby reason to give them a decent chance in future.

But I can see a pack as big as Huddersfield's being way too much to handle. Any sort of good performance, irrespective of result, will be welcomed by our fans.

Ladbrokes odds

Giants 1/50

Reds 16/1

Salford had a good dig but were outclassed across the board, Giants guilty at times tried too hard to score but still put plenty on

Top of the league and one hell of a game lined up for next week...

I can't see why not, Huddersfield have the easier run in' now compared to Wigan.. I wouldn't write Warrington off just yet though, the remaining fixtures for them aren't too bad.

End of the season:

1. Huddersfield

2. Warrington

3. Wigan

Decider is when Huddersfield play Wigan next week though IMO.

Are you Ant - winner today wins the Cup - in disguise?

Wire and Giants sitting in a tree...

K I s s I n g.

Next Friday should be a great game, though.

Can anyone tell me which squad numbers Jordan Davies and Alex Davidson had please?

Ta.