Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark richardson

Leigh

44 posts in this topic

Not being superstitious but after last weeks ridiculous predictions coming true ...ish...how are we all feeling for the Leigh fixture?

Leigh play Halifax tonight so maybe they'll be tired and we must be feeling confident after last week. ..plus we are well overdue a victory over Leigh.

I'll go for a 19 18 lions win. Last minute drop goal from watto

If we could keep everyone from last week then i would go with same again !

Maybe Riggy. Our best players though were Swintons own...Penny Smith and the Hawkyards

I also think Harvey helps us get the ball out wide a lot more than most

Well we on't have Ryan Shaw as he has gone back down the smoke to help Broncos beat Leeds tomorrow night.

I am off to the LSV tonight. Maybe i will get PhilH to buy me a pint !!

Lions 35 - 28 Leigh

Note to Leigh: please throw some speculative passes out to Kev Penny's wing, as Fev found out, it works a treat!

Since I was the only one predicting last weeks win...I will go for a narrow 20 - 18 Lions win.

Missed last weeks game being down in Cornwall - still kicking myself - so come on lads you owe me one - same again on Sunday

Leigh beat Fax 11-4 tonight but both teams were well below par.  Leigh 4-nil up on 39 mins then got a late penalty goal and a drop goal before Fax scored in the corner to make it 7-4 but fax messed up at the kick off in the last minute and Leigh scored in the corner from the error.

Higson had a stormer for Leigh playing on the right wing and didn't put a foot wrong.  There was a big punch up in the first half and Leigh had Bate sent off and Fax lost Ben Heaton but everyone joined in so it went on report.

Lions 35 - 28 Leigh

Note to Leigh: please throw some speculative passes out to Kev Penny's wing, as Fev found out, it works a treat!

If my memory serves me right, I think they already did that at the 'home' game  :tongue:

In all seriousness though I really do believe this game is winnable. However, the result will depend entirely on which Swinton team shows up, the one that plays well 'on the training ground', or the mystery, absolutely clueless, team that has shown up on match day almost every game since Chambers arrival!

If the effort from the Fev game can be reproduced then il go for a narrow win, if not il go for a narrow loss similar to the last time we played them. Leigh havent done much to impress me all season (by their standards).

Maybe Riggy. Our best players though were Swintons own...Penny Smith and the Hawkyards

I also think Harvey helps us get the ball out wide a lot more than most

I didn't realise she was playing, she's come a long way since presenting GMTV

I didn't realise she was playing, she's come a long way since presenting GMTV

Wow! the difference a little comma can make, amazing

:yahoo:

Does anybody know if tickets for Sunday are available from Cliff's or the Club?

Possibly not as it's an away match?

Won't be a sell out Paul !

Should be a good game on Sunday.

What did you think of last night Phil ?. I didn't see you

Riggy

Does anybody know if tickets for Sunday are available from Cliff's or the Club?

Possibly not as it's an away match?

No Paul, it's Leigh's home match. I couldn't get mine from club HQ so I had a little ride up the A580 to get them from the LSV

£18 adults, £10 cons.

:focus:

Won't be taking the kids this Sunday then! They'll have to wait until Thursday night....at least the money will go to our Club then as well.

Are you playing away or playing at home this weekend????    Are you really on that level playing field they talk about at the RFL and it is rumoured that you have Lee Lion as the Ref!!!!   Hope its a great game, Mick to hammer them!!!!!

Won't be taking the kids this Sunday then! They'll have to wait until Thursday night....at least the money will go to our Club then as well.

U16s £5 U12s just a quid think

Well what an odd match

Started like a house on fire scored a couple of great tries

Defended like demons...three tries conceded off lucky rebounds and another a massive forward pass on the line

In between we had no idea in attack before a belter from Rhys.

Bonus point would have made us happy prior to the Featherstone game but I feel a bit like an opportunity for another famous victory has been missed

Massive game now on Thursday against York.I think it will go down to the very last game.Great win for Barrow today against Halifax.

Well what an odd match

Started like a house on fire scored a couple of great tries

Defended like demons...three tries conceded off lucky rebounds and another a massive forward pass on the line

In between we had no idea in attack before a belter from Rhys.

Bonus point would have made us happy prior to the Featherstone game but I feel a bit like an opportunity for another famous victory has been missed

Pretty much well summed up Mark......I was disappointed we didn't claim the win.

We could have won it, but I think Mr Ridyard was the difference today.

We didn't take all of our opportunities and were giving away silly penalties in the 2nd half. However, a massive bonus point for us! Rhys Williams took his hat-trick really well and Craig Harvey is becoming a big player for us. Must win games against York and Barrow now.