Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bedlam breakout

eddie cochran

51 posts in this topic

can you imagine anyone from modern life achieving so much and being dead by 21? without the net or a mobile phone, pure legend his like will never be seen again by these brain dead generations

I agree. Big fan. But Buddy Holly passed at 22 and look at his back catalogue.

I agree. Big fan. But Buddy Holly passed at 22 and look at his back catalogue.

yes true- theres a gulf between generations don't you think?

I can think of hundreds. I was talking to one on Saturday.

Cochran was a pop singer riding a trend

little richard, bo diddley, jerry lee lewis, gene vincent and carl perkins: now they were rockers

yes true- theres a gulf between generations don't you think?

no

Cochran was a pop singer riding a trend

He wrote the songs though. And they've stood the test of time.

There are some keyboard warriors on the internet who would dismiss Anne Frank as a one-hit wonder... :rolleyes:  

He wrote the songs though. And they've stood the test of time.

That was Barry Manilow wasn't it?

Barry Manilow is much more talented than a lot of people give him credit for.

He writes the songs that makes the whole world sing

Yes, but, surprisingly, that particular song was written by Bruce Johnston of the Beach Boys.

Still a great song either way.

He's a funny looking fella these days though, which also goes for guy who was on too gear this week (Tyler).

can you imagine anyone from modern life achieving so much and being dead by 21? without the net or a mobile phone, pure legend his like will never be seen again by these brain dead generations

The young uns these days wear seatbelts so they get to top the hit parade in their teens and live to enjoy the royalties.

Are these the same brain dead generations who invented the phones that you can listen to Eddie Cochran on?

We are all children, and prisoners, of our own generation.

Each generation owes an often unacknowledged and later-realised debt to its predecessors.

There are analogies between the surges of rock-and-roll, beatlemania, punk and rap ... in each case, the kids on the street pushed the change, not the prevailing music industry's establishment.

Hopefully, we are due another, even though I am probably too old to actually like it.

eee, that Abbess Hildegard von Bingen.  will we ever see her like again?" can you imagine anyone from modern life achieving so much and being dead by 21? without the spinette and sackbut..., pure legend her like will never be seen again by these brain dead generations

The Bach Five, Mozart, Beethoven, Parry, Shostakovich, Williams, Jedward................

We are all children, and prisoners, of our own generation.

Each generation owes an often unacknowledged and later-realised debt to its predecessors.

There are analogies between the surges of rock-and-roll, beatlemania, punk and rap ... in each case, the kids on the street pushed the change, not the prevailing music industry's establishment.

Hopefully, we are due another, even though I am probably too old to actually like it.

The entrepreneurs and music industry absolutely created and pushed the change

The kids on the street- are you sure you aren't Rik from the young ones? Just lapped it up

Bloody cheek. I am Neil from the Young Ones.[/quote

Boomshanka

Vegetable rights and peace

Are these the same brain dead generations who invented the phones that you can listen to Eddie Cochran on?

I would never listen to music on a mobile phone, how soulless.

Which form of audio entertainment has soul on your view?

Do you listen to the radio ,just another means of listening to music.

you realy don't have a clue at all -do you?

I do if there's anything to have a clue about

How many of cochranes compositions can anybody remember?

Mean when I'm mad was unintentionally hilarious

Three steps to heaven was twee

Twenty flight rock was brilliant as was summertime blues, something else(done far better by the move though), and of course c'mon everybody(again eclipsed by humble pie )

I do if there's anything to have a clue about

How many of cochranes compositions can anybody remember?

Mean when I'm mad was unintentionally hilarious

Three steps to heaven was twee

Twenty flight rock was brilliant as was summertime blues, something else(done far better by the move though), and of course c'mon everybody(again eclipsed by humble pie )

It's funny you should mention Gene Vincent, he was in the same car when Cochrane was killed.  I was just becoming interested in pop music and Vincent and Cochrane had recorded sessions for "Saturday Club" the big pop show in those days on the Light Programme on Saturday mornings from 9-00 to 12-00.  I was a big Vincent fan, but I also liked Cochrane and certainly at that time he was a bigger star than Vincent.  I recall, "Cut across Shorty," and a version of "Hallelujah I Love Her so" by Eddie were pretty good.  But it's true he wasn't really old enough to be in the same league with Jerry Lee, Chuck Berry etc.  I like Buddy Holly and some of his stuff is still fresh today.  IMO no Buddy Holly, no Beatles.