Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldcoaster

Man of steel for 2013?

52 posts in this topic

Who is the tip to take out the prize?

Surely Danny Brough would be the favourite at this stage?

Yup, agree, quite a way out in front....liam Farrell can't be far behind though

True. Farrell has been awesome. Tomkins will obviously also factor, though he has missed quite a few games due to injury, so that may count against him though. Positive stuff to see some great English talent shining again in the league

True. Farrell has been awesome. Tomkins will obviously also factor, though he has missed quite a few games due to injury, so that may count against him though. Positive stuff to see some great English talent shining again in the league

What English talent? The favourite to win the award is Scottish.

Not sure why Farrell is still up there. He got a lot of publicity early on due to not missing tackles yet hes missed some since. I'd gi for a few above him.

Farrell? Really?

Oh please. He's a lightweight second row in a

Very very good side.

He's as "steely" as Kevin Brown and miles behind his team mates Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Tomkins and the winger with the tiny chopper to name but three at his own club!!

Brough, farrell, tomkins ferris, charnley betwen them for me but longnway to go yet and a few big performances in important games cud swing it anyway

It's Sean O'Loughlin for me at this moment in time. From a supposed 'lower' club, Danny Kirmond would run him close with the season he's had. From us, Danny Houghton would be our stand-out, although he's probably going to win the Hitman award.

If O'Loughlin carries his current form through the next two months, then no-one else should get close.

Cue the usual huge clamour for Ben Westwood & Saint Kev.

Given that this comes from a Leigh fan the. I think we can all see that this post is completely objective.

Kevin Sinfield's second greatest talent after his goal kicking has been his ability to not get injured, thus providing Leeds with an enormous level of stability in the organisation department. This year however he's had a fair amount it time out, so disciples like Martyn Sadler will cite that for him not winning.

Danny Kirmond remains unnoticed by our England coach.

Brough, Lockers or Sam from what I've seen. A lot of the big games are yet to be played. Be interesting to see how Brough goes a week on Friday, after disappearing against the Wire in their cup capitulation.

Farrell has had a great year, and would be a worthy winner. I wouldn't pick him for England, though.

I don't think Charnley should be in with a shout. Wingers never win this award......hang on. Lol, Richards winning the award a few years ago was one of he biggest jokes in RL history. May it never be repeated,

O'Loughlin would definitely be in with a shot.

Kirmond for me, me consistent this season, although the fact he's playing for wakey might go against him

If his form holds, and he can avoid injury in the next month or two then O'Loughlin for me. However I think both Danny Kirmond and Danny Houghton should be in with a shout. Both, IMO, have all the necessary attributes of a MOS.

What about good ol' Peacock ay?

He just won't go away will he?

Kirmond all day long for me. Some heroic efforts in a mid table team where his mates don't make him look good

Charnley??

knob

has to be danny brough with danny houghton running him close.

knob

I was looking at league freaks quotes on his website and some of them were about having arguments with you on these forums

Just wondering if it is you?

I was looking at league freaks quotes on his website and some of them were about having arguments with you on these forums

Just wondering if it is you?

it was a joke about charnleys post on twitter of a photo of his knob........

it was a joke about charnleys post on twitter of a photo of his knob........

I know that, i was just wondering if it was you that league freak used to argue with?

yes me and freaky used to cross swords in the old days, along with simac and hannibal

I think it's harsh to rule out wingers for this award, its like ruling out strikers for football awards.

That said, i dont think just scoring tries is enough. For a winger to take it they need to do more than fall over the line with the ball. They need to be doing the hard yards, scoring wonder tries, making try saving tackles etc.

O'Loughlin is a good shout, Tomkins will always be there.

From my team im not sure we have had a real standout - probably the three that impress me most at Wire this year are Higham, Waterhouse and Grix, and not sure any of these have been special enough.

As has been pointed out, the next 10weeks could decide it.

Charnley has been outstanding...

...and he's also played very well for Wigan. ;)

Brough, Lockers or Sam from what I've seen. A lot of the big games are yet to be played. Be interesting to see how Brough goes a week on Friday, after disappearing against the Wire in their cup capitulation.

Farrell has had a great year, and would be a worthy winner. I wouldn't pick him for England, though.

Brough often gets credited with going missing when the Giants get beat. It's usually the forwards that have gone missing giving the halves little or no chance to shine, We have been getting beatings from Wire for years there must be reasons besides Brough for that, He is well respectable in most of the stats i think.

My list is, O Loughlin, Houghton, Brough, Kirmond, Lunt and Higham as longshots.