Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longboard

Cricket - Third Test

35 posts in this topic

I Onions doesn't play tomorrow on his home ground he's never going to get a game.

Didn't they say that about Tremlett in the last test?

England announce unchanged team for 4th Test.

England won the toss and are batting. 

Blimey. Wish I'd gone to the Fourth Test instead of the Third!

Spectacular day of cricket today.

Well done England! Ashes properly 'won' now. :)

Indeed. The game went back and forth. First England looked like they were certain to lose. Then they turned things around and got themselves into the driving seat. Then they totally blew it and an Aussie victory was a mere formality and yet somehow by the time I got home I found that we had in fact won! By a fair margin as well.

Blimey. Wish I'd gone to the Fourth Test instead of the Third!

Spectacular day of cricket today.

Well done England! Ashes properly 'won' now. :)

Even with Australia nine down with so far to go it didn't seem beyond the realms of possibility that they could turn it again.  But another excellent Test match. 

Ian Bell heading to be Man of the Series without winning a single Man of the Match.

Even with Australia nine down with so far to go it didn't seem beyond the realms of possibility that they could turn it again.  But another excellent Test match. 

Ian Bell heading to be Man of the Series without winning a single Man of the Match.

I was a bit out of touch yesterday.  I spoke to someone at work who said it was 120  for 1, and I said well that's ok the game finishes today, he pointed out that it didn't and I assume the Aussies would win.  They must have collapsed fairly spectactularly

I was a bit out of touch yesterday.  I spoke to someone at work who said it was 120  for 1, and I said well that's ok the game finishes today, he pointed out that it didn't and I assume the Aussies would win.  They must have collapsed fairly spectactularly

120-1 at tea chasing 299; 224 all out.  Broad took something like 6-22 off 45 balls.  Bresnan also a key player.  Anderson just not quite clicking this time.

Curses! I got home last night and watched the Athletics instead of the Test Match highlights, confident that the game would finish today.