Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derwent

Sad news from Barrow

22 posts in this topic

Barrow coach Darren Holt has been diagnosed with cancer and has temporarily stood down from the coach's role while he battles it. Best wishes to Holty, not only a great RL man but a throughly decent fella too. Here's hoping we see him back at the helm at Craven Park as soon as possible with a clean bill of health.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow-raiders-boss-darren-holt-has-cancer-1.1074655#

Agreed, very best of luck Holty from all at Carlisle. If you can demonstrate the same spirit you did for the Border Raiders you'll beat it!

Very best of luck in fighting a horrible disease! As usual I know the RL family will stand strong and support Holty throughout his illness, hopefully to recovery.

Wish you a speedy recovery Darren.

Riggy

Swinton

wish you the best of luck darren, hope you recover fully......

hope you have a full recovery darren, my thoughts are with you.........

wishing you all the best Darren

duplicate post

Barrow coach Darren Holt has been diagnosed with cancer and has temporarily stood down from the coach's role while he battles it. Best wishes to Holty, not only a great RL man but a throughly decent fella too. Here's hoping we see him back at the helm at Craven Park as soon as possible with a clean bill of health.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow-raiders-boss-darren-holt-has-cancer-1.1074655#

I've had dealings with darren and it has always been a pleasure: an affable, knowledgeable man: a gentleman.

Lets hope he beats this monster

Cw

Sad  that he has to say," I’d rather not say what kind of cancer it is – cancer is cancer."   Well, yeas and no." Better out in the open so he can get full support for everyone.

Sad that he has to say," I’d rather not say what kind of cancer it is – cancer is cancer." Well, yeas and no." Better out in the open so he can get full support for everyone.

John, he may have his reasons for that - if I can work out how to clear my inbox I'll pm you

John, he may have his reasons for that - if I can work out how to clear my inbox I'll pm you

thanks. In confidence of course.

Hope you can tackle this horrible disease & kick it into touch, fight the biggest fight of your life and come through it, thoughts are with you and you're family. 

Get well soon Darren. Played against him many times and I must say his kicking game was up there with the best of them!

All the best from me. Hope it's beatable and he comes through it.

All the best Darren, horrible thing for anybody to have to go through.

Stay strong, Darren. Another awkward opponent for you to out-fox. All the best.