Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bedlam breakout

school kids only -england game-

32 posts in this topic

hows about selecting say -eg man citys ground then running competition with schools to design or write something rl based, then each school gets allocated a set of free tickets if they can supply a coach or mini bus till the ground is at capacity, white t shirts and red wigs for the annual England v exiles or similar (wont realy matter to the kids as it will be a day out) doesn't have to be an evening or weekend -any day during school time would do- for some kids it would be a new way to get them interested in the great game, leaflets and promotion cards etc are cheap- I will wait to be shot down on this one -whos 1st?

Me.

Who supervises these bus loads of kids and makes sure that they all get back safely to their parents?

Me.

Who supervises these bus loads of kids and makes sure that they all get back safely to their parents?

Who drives the minibuses?

Me.

the same teachers and class room assistants that took us on school trips in the early 80s?

the same teachers and class room assistants that took us on school trips in the early 80s?

Won't most of them be retired?

Won't most of them be retired?

am sure someone will have replaced them, oh the wit sharp as play dough

Presumably they would want paying for this.

Presumably they would want paying for this.

swap a days holiday its simple realy, what happened to the school day out?

I'm not going to shoot you down on this one as I applaud anyone who tries to promote the sport, but I don't think this would work.

Firstly for the kids to get excited about it, it would need to be a high profile match.  This being the case, are we to deprive the normal fans an opportunity to see the game (and spend their money)?

Secondly, thousands of kids from revival schools and areas in the same place at the same time, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!

I certainly think we should be targeting as many kids to the game as possible though.  If there are any seats left at any of the world cup venues on the day before kick off I'd hand out tickets to the local school kids on the proviso they are accompanied by an adult who pays say £10.

swap a days holiday its simple realy, what happened to the school day out?

You mean that teachers do it for free? Or that schools subsidise the whole thing?

kids always want something to call their own- no parents! if we cant organise a simple event like this then its time to lie down and let other sports do the final suffocation on us, theres a wealth of enthusiasm and energy out there in their thousands with kids who want to identify with a loyalty and passion - forget it anyway.

kids always want something to call their own- no parents! if we cant organise a simple event like this then its time to lie down and let other sports do the final suffocation on us, theres a wealth of enthusiasm and energy out there in their thousands with kids who want to identify with a loyalty and passion - forget it anyway.

You mean if we can't hold an event that no other sport does then we should give up. Can't see the logic myself.

You mean if we can't hold an event that no other sport does then we should give up. Can't see the logic myself.

times have moved on- if we cant grasp the nettle then it will flick right back and sting us right in the face.

times have moved on- if we cant grasp the nettle then it will flick right back and sting us right in the face.

"Times have moved on"?

This from the guy who harkened back to the golden age of the early 80s.

"Times have moved on"?

This from the guy who harkened back to the golden age of the early 80s.

you realy cant win here, can you?

you realy cant win here, can you?

Not if you aren't consistent.

hows about selecting say -eg man citys ground then running competition with schools to design or write something rl based, then each school gets allocated a set of free tickets if they can supply a coach or mini bus till the ground is at capacity, white t shirts and red wigs for the annual England v exiles or similar (wont realy matter to the kids as it will be a day out) doesn't have to be an evening or weekend -any day during school time would do- for some kids it would be a new way to get them interested in the great game, leaflets and promotion cards etc are cheap- I will wait to be shot down on this one -whos 1st?

Hmmm interesting.  I think your idea's got some potential, but needs a bit of a tweak.  How about giving the unsold tickets to schools (or amateur clubs in development areas) and getting them to compliment the paying fans.  Ultimately it would be a win-win.  Ground full. Good atmosphere. Youngsters introduced to the game - which is what will sustain us in the future.  Worthy of further exploration I'd say.

Hmmm interesting.  I think your idea's got some potential, but needs a bit of a tweak.  How about giving the unsold tickets to schools (or amateur clubs in development areas) and getting them to compliment the paying fans.  Ultimately it would be a win-win.  Ground full. Good atmosphere. Youngsters introduced to the game - which is what will sustain us in the future.  Worthy of further exploration I'd say.

The main problem is that a lot of people (including me) like to pay on the day. If you have already given away the "unsold tickets" then you would be turning away people with actual money to spend.

The main problem is that a lot of people (including me) like to pay on the day. If you have already given away the "unsold tickets" then you would be turning away people with actual money to spend.

it wouldn't be for you- or me- it would be for the kids and the good of the game- its hard work on here sometimes

it wouldn't be for you- or me- it would be for the kids and the good of the game- its hard work on here sometimes

The "good of the game" means making money not losing money. I don't see why it's difficult to understand.  

The "good of the game" means making money not losing money. I don't see why it's difficult to understand.  

without the kids theres no future investment in the years to come

without the kids theres no future investment in the years to come

So think of a solution that brings in the kids but doesn't bankrupt the sport in the process.

The thing is that RL fans seem to think that there is a huge amount of gold bullion sitting around in Red Hall just waiting for a project whether its building a national stadium, subsidising Broncos or playing a Test match for kids who will pay nowt to get in but will require petrol money and supervision.

The reality is that the game runs on a shoestring budget and can't afford to take a loss on a match like that in the hope that there will be some long-term benefit.

Bb don't grind yourself down arguing with mr know it all, he argues for the sake of it and wouldn't acknowledge the validity of a point if his life depended on it. It's an innovative suggestion with some difficult challenges, well worth the discussion. Sometimes we need unusual ideas to break through the barriers we face, personally maybe a modified version would be good. An entire stand for an exiles game for example given over to it