Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Town v Featherstone

175 posts in this topic

Olstrom won't be in - he won't have trained all week - that's if he's back from the white isle - Jesus - some commitment at this club

He's a big miss , 50 tackles a game and 20 carries is hard to replace . We have no other natural 13 , if he's back I think an exception must be made .

Very much doubt Danny will be available this weekend. Dannys not been training as his wife is in hospital and she's 7 month pregnant. Flynn and Hulme are up this weekend

obviously I was unaware of that and understand his family are priority.

There seems to have been a number of holidays during this important season

Yes I know the players have a life too? but as semi pros?? Just my opinion.

Wowwwwwy , in passing , what about that video ref decision !!!!

One downside of the summer season.....the wife/partner and kids are wanting to go on holiday in July/August rather than December/Jan.

Weekend Stag do's for family and best mates may have to take priority at some point. You may be invited to 3 in a year but only go to one because of the rugby. In days gone by it was a stag night rather than a week/weekend.

I wonder if Fev or Halifax let their players go on stag doos mid season ?

No we don't just to clear that up for you lol. They have to book weddings etc for after the season ends. Obviously they will get compasionate leave etc or to sort themselves out like raynor did but other than that no they don't.Unless the club says they can but it hasn't happened for a long time now.

Well and fingers crossed if we get into the playoffs it aint been bad on the scale of things, lads being injured long term, lads going on holiday or having to work and others cars breaking down, not been bad at all, definitely gonna win the league next season

i think rooney is playing as hes training this morning. i think hulme will be on the wing with rooney at centre as carter is injured so ell will be at full back. unless briscoe is back this week.

Walne is in Salfords squad this weekend

isnt he on a season long loan. whats the point in getting a loan player who can then be recalled at anytime.bit of a joke really.

Ridiculous, does that mean if we get a few injuries and are down to the bare bones Salford can still decide they want him leaving us up the creek?

Thought loan deals had to be a set period of time (min 1 month?) without recall?

If Salford can recall at any time then its no better than DR really.

we had a similar situation with mariano and wakey this year so welcome to the club

Bizarre , how can that be ? You get someone on a seasons loan for stability . Come on Salford you've enough players , you loan a player out do the decent thing .

See , that's the kind of thing that winds me and other people up , Star says Matty may return after his finger injury ... What finger injury ? Did anyone know this on Wednesday ? How often do we get this with our players , they're in they're out they go popping off and back again and often theres no communication at the time from the club about what's going on or where they are and why ?? You read the forum , you hear rumours , but often very little official info is forthcoming on developments confirming player situations . You have to piece bits together yourself . Injuries , non training , car troubles , stag do's , holidays , illnesses , loans or end of loans etc etc , be nice to be kept up to date .

I disagree, why should the club give away injury details half the time the papers get stick for inaccurate reporting and if someone has a shoulder injury is it wise to make the opposition aware of it? Check the other clubs in our league and the league below, do they give this info - no so why should we think we have the divine right to have it?! Too many people seem to forget we aren't a super league club anymore and a few seasons ago we weren't much better than some amateur clubs

You disagree that communication is often lacking in general terms ?? And I'm not worried about opposition , I'm worried about our own fans getting information . It's not just injuries as we well know .and if someone's not playing they can't be targeted ?

They can in the following game though can they not? Yes I would say communication is lacking at times but different people want to know different things. Personally I couldn't care less about the ones who aren't playing as they can't have any impact although maybe a timescale as to when people are likely to be back would be a good thing. Then again if you say a player will be back in 2 weeks and it takes 3 then people would complain about that too. Damned if you, damned if you don't I suppose and all down to personal opinion

Players play regular with injuries and the last thing the players need is for the club to inform the opposition about these injuries through the media.

It would be totally irresponsible of the club because players carrying an injury would be targeted.

What i think the team will be MILLER PADDY HULME CONNER CALDERWOOD CALLUM LUPTON COWARD MATTY DOWES BRETT SHACKLEY ROONEY FORBER ACTON THACKARY MORRIS ?