Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Town v Featherstone

175 posts in this topic

Anyone know what the Half-time draw number was I missed seeing Michael go round with his board!!!

The dr system does,ent seem to have worked very well for us just when we could do with a few i think the last 2 weeks we were just offered paddy and hulme, 

The dr system does,ent seem to have worked very well for us just when we could do with a few i think the last 2 weeks we were just offered paddy and hulme,

Yes it would have been nice to have a few more in that last three fixtures but obviously widnes have to look after themselves first and given some of their recent results its all hands to the pump at the halton stadium.

Exactly. You can hardly blame them for looking after themselves. St Helen's did the same to haven and look what happened. They certainly found their level and the ability of their squad without dual reg at the weekend.

Exactly. You can hardly blame them for looking after themselves. St Helen's did the same to haven and look what happened. They certainly found their level and the ability of their squad without dual reg at the weekend.

yes I agree they are totally different without DR. They have played dews and donny recently without DR. They struggled to beat dews at home and got thumped at donny. Cue H4E to counter that with doctored figures.

Let's not get like the Haven forum where every thread ends up talking about us!!!

Without doubt fev are the best team to visit DP this season and I think they would be worthy of winning the league.

Anyone know what the Half-time draw number was I missed seeing Michael go round with his board!!!

63736 or something very similar I think

Excellent all round team , but made to look even better by playing a shot team . That wasnt us out there , we don't lose 60 at home whoever comes here nowadays . Very fatigued and one to put no store in from our perspective .

How many players have the top 4 teams got on dual reg this season????

How many players have the top 4 teams got on dual reg this season????

Fev have had two or three on loan from SL clubs. Leigh have had some DR players and loanees from Wigan. Not sure about Sheffield and Halifax but Batley have had several DR's and loanees.

Fev have had two or three on loan from SL clubs. Leigh have had some DR players and loanees from Wigan. Not sure about Sheffield and Halifax but Batley have had several DR's and loanees.

We have 3 on loan 2 from SL clubs and 1 from fax. We had to do it though as DP made some blunders with who he signed on as they are either not good enough or not good enough just yet. Also we have lost a few players through injury especially our best forward. I doubt it will happen next season though. Leigh have DR players from Wigan. Batley have DR players from Huddersfield. Fax and Sheffield do not have any as far as I know. So that makes Fev. Fax and the eagles the only teams in the champ that don't use the DR system.Also theirs barrow too but you were talking about the top end of the league.

Does anyone know where Sheffield get their funding as they don't get gates anywhere near those of Fev, Fax and Leigh

We have 3 on loan 2 from SL clubs and 1 from fax. We had to do it though as DP made some blunders with who he signed on as they are either not good enough or not good enough just yet. Also we have lost a few players through injury especially our best forward. I doubt it will happen next season though. Leigh have DR players from Wigan. Batley have DR players from Huddersfield. Fax and Sheffield do not have any as far as I know. So that makes Fev. Fax and the eagles the only teams in the champ that don't use the DR system.

and barrow.

Does anyone know where Sheffield get their finding as they don't get gates anywhere near those of Fev, Fax and Leigh

We have asked that question plenty of times ourselves lol. They must have a chairman with deep pockets or they are just finding very good cheap talent.As a few of their team are islanders so very good finds I guess but why they stay their I do not know maybe loyalty.SL clubs came in for QLT not long ago I think and he turned them down to stay at the eagles.

And ended up on his backside lol

True it was a beauty too lol. But he is the best full back in the league.

DR is bad but SL clubs loaning players to other SL clubs is an even bigger shambles .... All those boxes ticked in the licensing system , all those teams and age groups and they need to borrow their opponents talent ??? And as they're doing it they likely have their own players out somewhere at other clubs !!!!

And ended up on his backside lol

Twice!!!

DR is bad but SL clubs loaning players to other SL clubs is an even bigger shambles .... All those boxes ticked in the licensing system , all those teams and age groups and they need to borrow their opponents talent ??? And as they're doing it they likely have their own players out somewhere at other clubs !!!!

I don't mind the DR system if I'm honest as long as its used properly not like swinton etc. as I see it as keeping them clubs afloat I dread to see what state some clubs will be in next season when its gone.

We have 3 on loan 2 from SL clubs and 1 from fax. We had to do it though as DP made some blunders with who he signed on as they are either not good enough or not good enough just yet. Also we have lost a few players through injury especially our best forward. I doubt it will happen next season though. Leigh have DR players from Wigan. Batley have DR players from Huddersfield. Fax and Sheffield do not have any as far as I know. So that makes Fev. Fax and the eagles the only teams in the champ that don't use the DR system.Also theirs barrow too but you were talking about the top end of the league.

i just think its a ridiculous system. Not knowing who can play till later in week. Lads getting left out. How can you get a consistant side and some stability when you never know whos going to playing and in what posistion

I don't mind the DR system if I'm honest as long as its used properly not like swinton etc. as I see it as keeping them clubs afloat I dread to see what state some clubs will be in next season when its gone.

surely it shouldnt be a means to keeping a club afloat though.

It was introduced to reduce costs of the SL clubs meaning they didn't have to run extra teams but has become shambolic as it wasn't properly thought through before it was introduced.