Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

The new Doctor Who is...

40 posts in this topic

But isn't he a Time Traveller? So why don't we know already?

I was quite hoping it would be Damien Molony (Hal from the last 2 series of the UK Being Human) but it looks like its probably going to be Peter Capaldi. Probably not a bad choice as he's a good actor, and certainly different from the last two who have been quite young for the role.

Anyway I'll probably be watching on Sunday. The live show might be over the top, I thought they did it quite well introducing Matt Smith one Dr Who confidential last time. He was speaking for about a minute before the caption popped up saying he was the 11th Doctor (or should that be 12th now!)

I hope Chris Addison is lined up for the assistant role then.

Doctor...?

Oh, f*ck off.

What about a black Doctor?

NOT Lenny Henry though, or Ainsley Harroot, that would be a worse joke than Sylvester McCoy

They could get an actual Doctor.

Lord Winston.

Mind you, I'd far prefer it if they got Lord Charles.

stopped watching dr who after the am I bovvered woman started spoiling it -then that over acting geek kid did it no favours

9MXFn.jpg?1

A geek writes:

It's already been done. ;)

A geek writes:

It's already been done. ;)

No... that's Rowan Atkinson! ;)

We don't want Blackadder or Johnny English as Dr Who... we want Mr Bean!

can I complete the thread title?

The new doctor who is........completely boring and aimed at children who are geeks

What about a black Doctor?

NOT Lenny Henry though, or Ainsley Harroot, that would be a worse joke than Sylvester McCoy

idris Elba (Luther)?

It's always disappointing when it's the favourite or the widely tipped (...which is tend to be why I try avoid Bulls rumours...)

He reminds me of Ed Tudor-Pole, the poor one on The Crystal Maze.

can I complete the thread title?

The new doctor who is........completely boring and aimed at children who are geeks

Spoilsport. :tongue:

Yeah good actor but is he the first Doctor who has been in it before as a different character.

I'd worry he'd alienate the kids who watch it due to his age.  I appreciate that adults watch it, I watched it once David Tennant left but it IS a kids show.

Yeah good actor but is he the first Doctor who has been in it before as a different character.

No Colin Baker had a major role in Ark of Infinity before he took on the role of the Doctore...

I'm not a geek... honest gov

And incidentally I think its a good casting call!

No Colin Baker had a major role in Ark of Infinity before he took on the role of the Doctore...

There are quite a lot of examples of actors having appeared as one character in Doctor Who, only to return later as a regular cast member. Recent companions Martha (Freema Agyeman) and Amy (Karen Gillan) were both in the new series playing other parts, and in the 'olden days' Lalla Ward appeared as a supporting character in one story, only to pop up in the very next story as the new face of regenerated companion Romana.

No one bats an eyelid at this kind of stuff. ;)

I've always thought that if viewers can accept the initial outlandish premise of this show, ie, a friendly alien with two hearts who can regenerate and who can travel in time and space in a spaceship disguised as a telephone box, they can easily accept the idea that actors might play different parts in different episodes.