Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IM2

Widnes should be dropped from SL and have failed

57 posts in this topic

well now given the hiding Hull gave Widnes last night should Widnes be under similar scrutiny. 

well now given the hiding Hull gave Widnes last night should Widnes be under similar scrutiny.

I don't get all this get them out because they've been hammered business. If Widnes London etc dont improve they will be relegated anyway in the 2015 season. So let them get on with it in the meantime and we will see as they have 2seasons to get their houses in order like the rest who are lingering at the foot of the table.

I don't get all this get them out because they've been hammered business. If Widnes London etc dont improve they will be relegated anyway in the 2015 season. So let them get on with it in the meantime and we will see as they have a 2seasons to get their houses in order like the rest who are lingering at the foot of the table.

I think that's the point IM2 is making - nobody is calling for Widnes to be jettisoned from the comp despite a similarly one-sided scoreline to London's last weekend.

I think that's the point IM2 is making - nobody is calling for Widnes to be jettisoned from the comp despite a similarly one-sided scoreline to London's last weekend.

The thing being that it was a one-off. How many times have London been hammered this season?

The thing being that it was a one-off. How many times have London been hammered this season?

Three 60+ point defeats for London. Same for Widnes.

Three 60+ point defeats for London. Same for Widnes.

He is anti London through and through and has now reverted to attendances to try and justify his argument here.

I normally have him on ignore but couldnt resist this.

Best I leave it at that.

He is anti London through and through and has now reverted to attendances to try and justify his argument here.

I normally have him on ignore but couldnt resist this.

Best I leave it at that.

Widnes have won 7 games, London only 3.

Widnes have scored 581 points and London only 411.

Widnes have conceeded 767 points and London 850.

Widnes are 11th and London are 14th.

I didn't need to bring up attendances.

Can you name a single stat that has London ahead of Widnes?

I don't get all this get them out because they've been hammered business. If Widnes London etc dont improve they will be relegated anyway in the 2015 season. So let them get on with it in the meantime and we will see as they have 2seasons to get their houses in order like the rest who are lingering at the foot of the table.

Widnes are 11th. If they finish 11th in 2015 then they'll make the cut for SL:

Ive never said or would dream to say we have done better than Widnes this season but you were clearly wrong 

when it came to the hammerings dished out, I have no axe to grind with Widnes or there fans.

But clearly you had to revert to attendances to try and re justify a post.

So off you go back to ignore.

Ive never said or would dream to say we have done better than Widnes this season but you were clearly wrong 

when it came to the hammerings dished out, I have no axe to grind with Widnes or there fans.

But clearly you had to revert to attendances to try and re justify a post.

So off you go back to ignore.

http://www.superleague.co.uk/match_report/8883

Remind me when Widnes got a hammering like that.

82 -10.

How about last night.

Now Im sorry I really must leave it there.

Good Grief,

How about last night.

Now Im sorry I really must leave it there.

Good Grief,

72 - 10 is 10 points different from 82 -10.

Both are dreadful scores.

But they are not equally dreadful.

Rugby league is its own worst enemy far too often with far too many people willing to only ever see the negatives.

Can you name a single stat that has London ahead of Widnes?

Number of years in super league

Number of years in super league

Remind me which year they earned that promotion.

You know that I'm talking about this season.

Widnes have had a reasonably good season. London have had a dreadful one both on and off-field. They have nothing going for them aside from their Academy (who are doing well).

Remind me which year they earned that promotion.

You know that I'm talking about this season..

What's that got to do with this year?

Actually we're not mind readers (except that we can conclude you are likely to twist anything due to your anti London hatred)

Widnes have got a synthetic pitch that is worth a huge amount for home advantage.

ok, here goes a different tack,  which team has more home grown players?

OMG is this another I've got a bigger one than yours thread? Who cares who deserves SL or not the two teams in question are in SL at this present time and it will stay that way till at least 2015. But on the well London didn't earn promotion comment neither did Widnes for that matter so just put the swords away.

Uncalled for thread.

They got hammered in one game, so? It happens in sport. They've progressed this year, the most stats you find can prove that, why the bashing it's so uncalled for.

The brutal honest truth is that Widnes, London, Hull KR, Wakefield and Castleford should probably all be dropped from Super League. 

The bottom four or five clubs just aren't viable.

Singling out Widnes though is unfair considering they are one of the better smaller clubs.