Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

French Players who have been part of the English Game

79 posts in this topic

Thanks for that - I knew that Valu was at Oxford.  Good to see t'other two over in the UK. 

In the early 90s there were two French lads at Huddersfield that I remember. A fullback called Laurent Lucchese and a winger called Pierre Jammes.

I remember Luchesse being a superb player to watch, a real eye for the counter attack

My Mrs thought he was also great to watch but for very different reasons

I remember Luchesse being a superb player to watch, a real eye for the counter attack

My Mrs thought he was also great to watch but for very different reasons

Lucchese.  The name is Italian, though he is French, obviously.

Ah PSG!

1st game v Sheffield with ten French men, a Pole, a Kiwi,a Tongan,a Moldovan & three Aussies. Was it...

Lucchese

Bomati

Banquet

Chamorin

Piscunov Moldovan

Entat

Brown Aussie

Cabastany

Wulf Kiwi

Kacala Pole

Adams Tongan

Pech

Subs

Sands Aussie

Torreilles

Turner Aussie

I’m short of the two French lads. I’ll have to have a word with Vincent Wulf who lives round the corner. He’s up at the crack of dawn working on the new hospital extension in Toulouse. May yet make another season I hear at Villegailhenc.

Paul - Yes Chamorin was a super classy player wasn’t he. He would be a walkin at Dragons today I reckon. Odd is’nt it that decade here we had a number of outstanding backs. After Chamorin we had that great centre pairing at St Gaudens of Sirvent and Dulac, the rapier and the cudgel.