Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Play Off Format ?

10 posts in this topic

After today's win,we should be thinking about keeping in the top eight,does anyone know the format for this year's play off? Which positions play who?

Week 1

Qualifying play-offs

1st-placed club v 4th-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)

2nd-placed club v 3rd-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)

Elimination play-offs

5th-placed club v 8th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)

6th-placed club v 7th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)

Week 2

Preliminary semi-finals

Highest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Lowest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)

Lowest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Highest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)

Week 3

Qualifying semi-final 1

Highest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Lowest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)

Qualifying semi-final 2

Lowest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Highest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)

Week 4

Kingstone Press Championship Grand Final

Winner Qualifying semi-final 1 v Winner Qualifying semi-final 2

Thanks very much for the information,looking.forward to the Batley game if we finish eighth !!

Thanks very much for the information,looking.forward to the Batley game if we finish eighth !!

My thoughts exactly, would be good if it happened.

My thoughts exactly, would be good if it happened.

We have to beat Donny and at least one other victory, maybe Sheff at home. Worky,Haven and Donny have easier run ins I'm afraid. I've got Worky and Haven on at least 42 points at the end of season and us and Donny on 39, but Donny look like having a better points diff.

We have to beat Donny and at least one other victory, maybe Sheff at home. Worky,Haven and Donny have easier run ins I'm afraid. I've got Worky and Haven on at least 42 points at the end of season and us and Donny on 39, but Donny look like having a better points diff.

No game will be easy when teams are fighting for survival and also a chance to get into the playoffs!

It all depends how much the top teams have to play for in their last couple of games (and maybe whether Leigh have paid their players that week. :angel: )

It all depends how much the top teams have to play for in their last couple of games (and maybe whether Leigh have paid their players that week. :angel: )

And they say the league's the fairest way.

It's not who you play - it's when you play 'em ............

And they say the league's the fairest way.

It's not who you play - it's when you play 'em ............

...and when you pay 'em!

:onthequiet: