Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

welshmagpie

Wales vs New Zealand - World Cup warm up?

6 posts in this topic

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/castleford-tigers/castleford-tigers-fleming-is-fired-up-for-a-final-flourish-1-5880862

Was just reading through this article, and one quote jumped out immediately.

“The more Super League I can play the better and hopefully I can get selected for the (Wales’) friendly against New Zealand."

Seems strange as NZ are already playing the cooks at Doncaster aren't they?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/castleford-tigers/castleford-tigers-fleming-is-fired-up-for-a-final-flourish-1-5880862

Was just reading through this article, and one quote jumped out immediately.

“The more Super League I can play the better and hopefully I can get selected for the (Wales’) friendly against New Zealand."

Seems strange as NZ are already playing the cooks at Doncaster aren't they?

Interesting. Not heard anything about this. Wales certainly do need a warm up game and guess this would be a very tough warm up match for them, something they'll definitely need to run Italy close on the opening day.

I was reading an article about the NZ v Cooks game the other day, and it said that the problem both sides had in arranging a warm up game was a stipulation by the RLWC organisers that any warm up could not be between two nations in the same group, or who might meet later in the tournament. No mention of any other game for NZ other than the Cooks.

a stipulation by the RLWC organisers that any warm up could not be between two nations in the same group, or who might meet later in the tournament.

Surely that means you can't play any other team in the tournament. There must be a route where any two teams can meet between the group stages and the final (however unlikely)