Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team for hunslet

317 posts in this topic

Briscoe

Flynn

Morris

Mossop

Calderwood or Hulme

Lupton

Connor

Dowes

Matty

Coward

Phillips

Stack if fit

Olstrom

Callum

Acton

Thackray

Shackley

Briscoe

Flynn

Morris

Mossop

Calderwood or Hulme

Lupton

Connor

Dowes

Matty

Coward

Phillips

Stack if fit

Olstrom

Callum

Acton

Thackray

Shackley

no rooney? connor at halfback? and 2 days ago you were saying calders was awful. now hes in your starting 13.

Briscoe

Flynn

Morris

Mossop

Calderwood or Hulme

Lupton

Connor

Dowes

Matty

Coward

Phillips

Stack if fit

Olstrom

Callum

Acton

Thackray

Shackley

Hulme to centre and Mossop on the wing for me. Also why not try Connor as Matty's replacement and put Callum at 7. I think Connor has a good passing game and I'm sure he could scoot from dummy half as well with his chunky frame. I would also change the props around by putting Thacks on with Dowes and keep Coward and Acton to replace them after 20 mins.

briscoe,flynn,connor,rooney,mossop,luppy,callum,dowes,matty,acton,stack,phillips,olstrum. subs, coward,thacks,shacks,morris.

no rooney? connor at halfback? and 2 days ago you were saying calders was awful. now hes in your starting 13.

I wouldn't but I'm not keen with Mossop on the wing but I also put calders or Hulme. if Hulme was made available and we were offered him he would be in over Calderwood In my opinion

My team BRISCOE FLYNN CONNER ROONEY MOSSOP  LUPTON CALLUM DOWES MATTY COWARD BRETT STACKY OLSTRUM  CARTER ACTON THACKARY SHACKLEY,think we badly need callum back at scrum half.

Briscoe

Flynn

Connor

Mossop

Hulme

Lupton

Callum

Dowes

Matty

Thackray

Phillips

Stack

Olstrom

Acton

Coward

Morris

Shacks

Briscoe

Miller

Connor

Rooney

Mossop

Lupton

Phillips

Coward

Olstrum

Dowes

Shacks

Phillips

Stack

Acton

Thacks

DualReg forward

Carter,if ok.

Carter on the bench to cover FB or 6.

So apart from miller we should have a full fit squad if I'm correct

Briscoe

Miller

Connor

Rooney

Mossop

Lupton

Phillips

Coward

Olstrum

Dowes

Shacks

Phillips

Stack

Acton

Thacks

DualReg forward

Carter,if ok.

Carter on the bench to cover FB or 6.

Don't think brett carter will be back for hunslet if he has a torn a bicep

I forgot about Rooney so him in the centre for Hulme.

Got to do something about Acton and Thacks being on the bench together . Just watched the Batley DVD , and like yesterday and a few other occasions they gave us our best go forward and momentum . Wasted having them benched together at the get go . Hulme and another in the centre , don't care who as they're all equally ineffective ...( half of which is due to their awful service ) . Rooney has played a couple of halves now and looks way off really , so dont know about him in a strike position yet , but heh ho he cant do any worse . Next year is the one for him , he'll be a real asset after an offseason .Don't know what to do with Connor , he kicks goals but is largely anonymous otherwise ? If we have a full back and a scrum half we have a chance anywhere from now . We have a real chance in these next four games if all our gun players are on board , there certainly not games to fear anyway .

Briscoe , Connor , Hulme , Carter , Calderwood , Lupton , Craven , Thacks , Matty , Coward , Stack , Brett , Olstrum. ( Callum , Shackley , Walne , Widnes forward ) . Obviously Callum at 7 if no Craven about . Red or Rooney to the bench .

Way off full match sharpness to play 80 in the centre ( At the level he can i mean ) . After his trauma and with his long term worth I'd be easing him in bit by bit . Anything this year is an investment for next . He's got the potential to be a gun player for us next season . Anything I say about him is from a perspective of rating him massively . He's been out a long long long time , steady as she goes with the hard work of staying up being done by the team already

We badly need callum at scrum half that is his best position and i think thats where he likes to play,and  we see the best of lupton,

I guess having won at Batley you can certainly go to Hunslet with confidence . They'll be up for it with the desperation of needing points , so we'll have to match that attitude .

Peter Lupton remarked last week after the Sheffield game that Rooney is a good player and was impressed by his effort after a long lay off.

surprised to see him playing at loose forward on Sunday ? the guys just come back from a big lay off and they put him in the pack ? be better off leaving him out in the centres , at least out there he wont have to do much considering the amount of ball they get from the halves  :download:

My sentiments exactly. I wouldn't say 2 games out of position in the pack against the top 2 teams in the league is easing you back in....

Once carter is back would like to give him a try in the centres

Agreed ! Ease him back in the role Red had earlier in the season , off the bench as wide cover . Look what Karl does as a loose forward , tough to say to Rooney after 18 months ' they you go , do that ! ' . He looked way off doing that ,but that's understandable !!!! He's a centre / second row , and with him back its difficult to see a place for Red in the long term . Olstrum is the glue that holds our pack together , we need him ready to go . Play Red at centre if Carters gonna be out a while , and Rooney can find his feet coming on for spells in the centre and move Red into the forwards during then ? Either way its gonna be like a new signing next year . We still need a new strike centre signing though hopefully .

That's worth a shot Scott I agree . Carter and Miller together even .

We could do with working on getting the ball across the line qicker that gives the likes of miller and Flynn the space to run