Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team for hunslet

317 posts in this topic

In fact I'd be really interested to hear people's opinions of Red and Connor looking ahead ....If they wanted it would you keep them ??

I would keep both. I think when Red plays in the pack he looks more involved and as if he is enjoying it. A bit raw maybe but the experience will improve him. As for Connor, I don't see him as a winger or a centre. I would give him a couple or so games as Matty's replacement from the bench. He has a good strong pass and I'm sure he could scoot from acting halfback with his upper body strength getting him through the line. We haven't seen him at 6 or 7 enough and he seems to be very quiet on the field where you really need a talker and organiser.

Big red seems to love being in a town shirt to me a young fella with a big future Id like to see him around next year for our charge to get in super league

without a doubt i would keep red, he looks the part as a second rower. the jury is still out on kayle unfortunately, dosent involve himself enough in my opinion. but im pretty sure both are still here next year anyhow as they signed 2 year deals.

I'd agree with that . Red has the physique to be anything he wants to be . He just needs find the confidence to use it and start believing he can knock trees over . He needs to improve his fitness and his basic handling skills , but he is an investment for the future . He is a second row for me from next year , and hopefully another offseason will see him come on . We must start to see more end product from him consistently though and not just bits of promise . Connor ? Pass . An enigma for me . Lots of talk when he came but not much payback . The fact we're still talking about different positions tells a tale in itself . He hasn't settled successfully anywhere . If he's here he needs to be better and he needs better service to show his skill . He's no automatic choice though . If we strengthen in the backs he has to fight hard to keep up . You'd hope and think both had much more in their locker .

well danny craven and briscoe are playing sunday as there both training with us tonight.

hulme is on his way up as well and you would assume paddy will be there.

Empty your PM inbox wonky

Empty your PM inbox wonky

Mines already empty......come on....spill.

Mines already empty......come on....spill.

were talking about you, not to you.lol

I hope the Coyle brothers are playing on Sunday . Funny how they've hit the rocks with them around and Helliwell and Grimshaw injured .

Hi guys hopefully Grimmer will be taking some part in the game Sunday made his comeback of the bench at loose against Dewsbury and came through it ok thank god so lets hope theres no replay of what happened last time the Huns played you lol hope its a close game whatever happens these aswipes begging you to help them out by beating us should man up and take it on the chin like we have been doing all season

were talking about you, not to you.lol

Probably about how good looking I am, how cool I am and how much you wish you were me....again.

Just noticed that Jordan Walne has again made the Salford squad for the Friday night match.

Briscoe , Craven , Hulme - No paddy as he is inujured (groin) and a replacement for Walne who hasnt pulled on a Workington shirt before and has been a standout performer for Widnes this season  ;)

Briscoe , Craven , Hulme - No paddy as he is inujured (groin) and a replacement for Walne who hasnt pulled on a Workington shirt before and has been a standout performer for Widnes this season  ;)

Steve Pickersgill?

The Walne thing is bizarre . We get him on a season long loan for some stability , and from then on Salford start putting him in their squads ... And then most probably never play him !! What a p@&£ take !! He's like Olstrum , he starches the defence .

Are you saying Allens playing for town ?

Wonderofwood knows his stuff from that area.

Wonderofwood knows his stuff from that area.

yes david,dave allen was up for training tonight.hulme and craven were also up tonight and will be playing on sunday and I think they will be playing on Wednesday too.It was a good session tonight for the lads but I think paddy Flynn is injured so will not be playing sunday plus shacks is being rested with a shoulder problem and I am sure that callum P is also being rested but has I say not sure.Briscoe looks really fit especially being out for a month and he is also playing at hunslet which I think is a hard game for town,but my forecast is a bonus point but will be right happy with 3. :bye:

Cheers Barry , good scouting ! Yes Callum is not surprising at all . Looks a bit frayed and sore after a long season . Simple errors on Sunday you would never see from him . Sunday should be interesting and hopefully all this quality and Walne and everyone else not there turn up for Keighley !!!

Pity about Jordan Walne I think we look a better team with him in the side. Nice to have a couple of quality players coming in to spell off the likes off Callum and Shacks hopefully we will have them back for the Keighley game. Are Tack, Olstrum and Carter back on Sunday ? IS Matty okay ? he never came back on against Fev and was holding his arm after the game.