Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMEGA

When Will Broughy Go Missing

31 posts in this topic

MacNamara apologists pointed to Danny Broughs make beleive propensity to go missing at the end of a season as the reason why he wasn't included in the 40 man England train on squad. Yet from round one to round 22 so far he's shown himself to be the best halfback in the Northern Hemisphere and one of the best in the world, but not good enough to force his way into a 40 man squad according to MacNamara, REALLY?

After outplaying everyone else, Sinfield, Chase, Myler, McGuire, Ratchford, Smith he should no doubt about it, be the England Scrum Half for the World Cup.

He's likely to win the 2013 Man of Steel such has been his dominance of 2013s Rugby League scene!

As the season rolls on it becomes more and more clear that MacNamara has monumentally F'd Up and he should be made once and for all to answer the question why he ignored Danny Brough. If as I suspect it was his own personality clash that's robbed England of a star player then he needs to step aside because that's not acceptable.

Please don't come back with the excuse that Brough chose Scotland over England because we all know that happened because he was being publicly disrespected and privately messed about on purpose with the sole aim of *!sding him off.

The more I see Danny Brough ripping the SL up the angrier I get with MacNamara

It's frustrating I know, but we have to get on with it. I'd of love to have seen him playing for England, but it's never going to happen. We just have to support the team, that's all we can do.

If people believe the reason he is not in because he goes missing at the end of the season, well I'd suggest that that point has not yet been resolved.

For Hudds to win the GF they are going to have to play well in the next 7 games - we should probably put this one to bed at that point.

Where he usually is playing behind a beaten pack when he plays the WIRE.

He has not got the better of Myler when playing against him in the last two seasons, although I do admit he has been outstanding

Where was he when Hudds played Warrington the other week?

Probably the same place that Lee Briers was during the Challenge Cup semi, that doesn't detract from either of them being class players.

That was a poor argument really!

Probably the same place that Lee Briers was during the Challenge Cup semi, that doesn't detract from either of them being class players.

That was a poor argument really!

I only knew he had a bad game cause Chris Irvine didn't mention him on twitter...

MacNamara apologists pointed to Danny Broughs make beleive propensity to go missing at the end of a season as the reason why he wasn't included in the 40 man England train on squad. Yet from round one to round 22 so far he's shown himself to be the best halfback in the Northern Hemisphere and one of the best in the world, but not good enough to force his way into a 40 man squad according to MacNamara, REALLY?

After outplaying everyone else, Sinfield, Chase, Myler, McGuire, Ratchford, Smith he should no doubt about it, be the England Scrum Half for the World Cup.

He's likely to win the 2013 Man of Steel such has been his dominance of 2013s Rugby League scene!

As the season rolls on it becomes more and more clear that MacNamara has monumentally F'd Up and he should be made once and for all to answer the question why he ignored Danny Brough. If as I suspect it was his own personality clash that's robbed England of a star player then he needs to step aside because that's not acceptable.

Please don't come back with the excuse that Brough chose Scotland over England because we all know that happened because he was being publicly disrespected and privately messed about on purpose with the sole aim of *!sding him off.

The more I see Danny Brough ripping the SL up the angrier I get with MacNamara

What's done is done. A positive in this is that Scotland have Brough and a NRL player as their halves and some other decent heritage players. They could be a surprise dark horse to make the semis. I will be at Workington to see a Scotland game against a Pacific Island team and, with Brough pulling the strings it could be a fascinating contest with either team capable of winning. I would encourage residents of West Cumbria to lend their support to the two fixtures there to see one of the best halfbacks in the world weave his magic, after watching he pre match haka and other festivities. Could be a great day/evening out.

The other fixture involves Scotland v Italy, not far off being an Australian 2nd team. That should be well worth seeing also. let's see if Brough is as good as advertised against NRL strength defences.

Brough normally goes missing in the same games as the rest of his team mates go missing! Huddersfield don't seem to be doing that too much this year.

So long as they don't bloody go missing on Friday I don't care :P

Brough has finally found a coach, team and club where he has been able to develop into the player he always had the potential to be, and captain

Just like Briers under Tony Smith really. Shame it took both players so long to find a coach to be able to bring out their best.

If we still played as GB I'd argue Brough at 6 and Briers at 7 would be something special to see for the Lions

Widdop is better than Briers IMO although would be a great combination with both players having acts on sheer genius in their play.

I'm hopeful Brough will go missing on Friday. If he has a good game I can only see one winner.

Well its now early august and him and his present club usually wind up their season around this time anyway

He'll go missing at about 20:10 on Friday night

Well its now early august and him and his present club usually wind up their season around this time anyway

It's usually earlier than that.

You've got to be joking haven't you?? It was usually April/Easter during the Brown Regime.

Exactly

Under NB the wheels had well and truly fallen off by Magic Weekend

With signs of hope a few weeks out from the playoffs that were soon dashed (qv. Saints currently)

Brough hasn't gone missing yet this season.

But he has been let down by his team mates

It's up to them to perform on Friday

Exactly

Under NB the wheels had well and truly fallen off by Magic Weekend

With signs of hope a few weeks out from the playoffs that were soon dashed (qv. Saints currently)

Brough hasn't gone missing yet this season.

But he has been let down by his team mates

It's up to them to perform on Friday

Cough cough

I can remember three times :P

Has been very good this season TBF

Cough cough

I can remember three times :P

Has been very good this season TBF

The whole team tend to go missing when we play Wire, but after the usual result It's always Brough who has gone missing, Nobody talks about any of the forwards, who are generally the main problem, but Hey ho. Warrington Pack almost without exception give us a mauling and tell me any half in Super league who shows up well from behind a pack going backwards.

There are one or two exceptional players like Tomkins ( fullback ) who has the class to do something special against the tide, But should we concider him to have gone missing if he isn't doing it every week. Lee Briers for me has been one of the most underrated players in the last 10 years, but i have seen him have some very quiet games, especially against Saints in the days they had the Wires number, much like Wire have ours now.

Brough should be in the reckoning for MOS, I'm not saying he should get it , but thank God it's the players and not the fans that vote for it.

The whole team tend to go missing when we play Wire, but after the usual result It's always Brough who has gone missing, Nobody talks about any of the forwards, who are generally the main problem, but Hey ho. Warrington Pack almost without exception give us a mauling and tell me any half in Super league who shows up well from behind a pack going backwards.

There are one or two exceptional players like Tomkins ( fullback ) who has the class to do something special against the tide, But should we concider him to have gone missing if he isn't doing it every week. Lee Briers for me has been one of the most underrated players in the last 10 years, but i have seen him have some very quiet games, especially against Saints in the days they had the Wires number, much like Wire have ours now.

Brough should be in the reckoning for MOS, I'm not saying he should get it , but thank God it's the players and not the fans that vote for it.

Good post.

Tomkins has gone missing in many matches against the wire, iirc he's only scored one super league try against us.

Brough is a solid player and I do respect him

I suspect whoever loses on Friday will end up 3rd...

I also think this.