Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMEGA

When Will Broughy Go Missing

31 posts in this topic

The whole team tend to go missing when we play Wire, but after the usual result It's always Brough who has gone missing, Nobody talks about any of the forwards, who are generally the main problem.

erm doesn't that work both ways though, what you are saying is basically its because of Brough when the giants win but not his fault when they lose.

I think that argument is too simplistic.

Fwiw I think Brough has had a great season and would be my favourite to win MOS, I will say this to the Giants fans, you've not won anything yet!

Wire and Giants still in the tree. Bless.

Is Brough really that much more effective than Chase who pretty much always plays behind a beaten pack and the serial winner of big games Sinfield? I don't see it.

If he can't even out play Myler, that says it all for me.

He's good and wouldn't let us down, but it's massively over stating the case to put him up there with automatic selections such as Tomkins, Hall, Burgess etc.

Worth a lively debate though. Dave T has it right - let's see how the rest of the year goes before judging him on his performances at the end of the year.

Wire and Giants still in the tree. Bless.

Is Brough really that much more effective than Chase who pretty much always plays behind a beaten pack and the serial winner of big games Sinfield? I don't see it.

If he can't even out play Myler, that says it all for me.

He's good and wouldn't let us down, but it's massively over stating the case to put him up there with automatic selections such as Tomkins, Hall, Burgess etc.

Worth a lively debate though. Dave T has it right - let's see how the rest of the year goes before judging him on his performances at the end of the year.

He might niot be up there with Tomkins, Hall and Burgess et al, but in the specific position of a half back, he is one of the best English born players available and that is why it seems such a waste to let him go to Scotland just because of a personality clash, or a dislike on the part of the coach. Myler plays scrum half, if i am correct, and could well be in there alongside Brough in the halves if Brough had remained available to England.

Anyhow, as i said on an earlier post, england's loss is Scotland's gain and could make them a surprise dark horse in the World Cup.

Anyhow, as i said on an earlier post, england's loss is Scotland's gain and could make them a surprise dark horse in the World Cup.

Only if the forwards play well though  ;)

Only if the forwards play well though  ;)

I think i understand your smiley but, the Scots are assembling a very solid team. I think Oliver Wilkes is one very solid forward of SL calibre and one of the Henderson brothers is another and they have several NRL players as well.