Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IM2

Canberra should be kicked out of the NRL

14 posts in this topic

Another thread similar to the London and Widnes one. Given same logic as London out questions marks must be over Canberra in the NRL??

Interestingly though, the NRL has had quite a few blowout scores this year (including Parra just about every week). In addition, The Eels have only won 3 games all season (same as London).

It just proves that all sporting competitions have good and bad teams, so we shouldn't get so downbeat about the SL

No - we must use whatever information best suits our prejudices. It's the way we've always done it and no need to stop now.

I get the point and am pro-London myself but Canberra isn't a great comparison.

i know but i think the whole thing is stupid. i remember not too long ago when wigan couldnt buy a win against saints, and a few blow outs as well. shows how it can change,

i know but i think the whole thing is stupid. i remember not too long ago when wigan couldnt buy a win against saints, and a few blow outs as well. shows how it can change,

70-0 used to be quite a common score at one time and no particular indicator that a club is struggling. But Broncos clearly are. I don't think it will be a case of kicking them out so much as accepting their resignation from SL.

Unless a "Cashcow" figure appears out of the blue then I really can't see them continuing at this level. I'm not sure that even if the other SL clubs were able to and willing to accept 100k less that this figure would be enough to turn things around at Broncos.

Parra are pathetic there recruitment is a joke anyone see the logic in letting horo go now one of best 2nd rowers in comp

Put them in the Kingstone Press Championship along with Toulouse Olympique and the Jacksonville Axemen. Expansion is the key!

Interestingly though, the NRL has had quite a few blowout scores this year (including Parra just about every week). In addition, The Eels have only won 3 games all season (same as London).

It just proves that all sporting competitions have good and bad teams, so we shouldn't get so downbeat about the SL

Parramatta for the chop then?

I get the point and am pro-London myself but Canberra isn't a great comparison.

They're both capital cities? ;)

They're both capital cities? ;)

That's about where the comparison starts and ends