Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roy Boy

Gentle still to go?

9 posts in this topic

Just noticed this and thought "Oh No"!

Whilst any sport is results driven, shouldn't coaches be given more time to get things right?

Soccer is farcical in the massive turnover in managers and I wonder if that's happening in RL.

Fans need to be more patient imo and give the coaches a chance - surely changing every year or 2 will mean a club never gets into a "steady rhythm" and settled.

I hope this isn't true as I think Gentle will get the consistency into Hull FC.

Story here........  http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/330738/EXCLUSIVE-Hull-FC-s-Peter-Gentle-will-be-sacked

So this 'story' appears a few days before a derby and a couple of weeks before the Challenge Cup final.

A cynic might question the source.

So this 'story' appears a few days before a derby and a couple of weeks before the Challenge Cup final.

A cynic might question the source.

I Agree

There is a possibility? who knows or someone just wanting to upset the camp.

Are you suggesting the source is a kr fan or a wire fan?

Wire?!?!

Wigan more like... :ph34r:

Think your missing my main point (although being an FC fan I can understand why!), which is do coaches get enough time to stamp their mark on a club and get the team moving in the right direction?

Pearson doesn't seem to understand that Hull FC wouldn't be Hull FC if they didn't have at least 10 first teamers out for a period each season. Every Hull coach has that to deal with.

In answer to the OP's question, Pearson is a soccer man so his reaction may be as if he were still in that game.

IMO Gentle should stay and be allowed to develop the squad.

Pearson should be asking advice as to how to get more quality from the Hull area into the club and the first team. Not many Hull born lads in their squad and it's a massive Rugby League city. That would have far nmore long term benefit for the club than sacking another Aussie coach.

He's managed to get rid of McRae so just leave it at that!