Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieldofclothofgold

RL MEMORIAL STATUE AT WEMBLEY

7 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been mentioned on another thread,but ive just heard on LBC news RL! wow my ears sprang up."Its just been announced that the Memorial statue commemorating the history of rugby league at Wembley stadium has been postponed.It had been originally planned to be unveiled at the RLWC.Now the 2014 CC final is being targeted.I wonder what this old up is?I thought it was strange RL getting a mention on LBC

It was mentioned in the League Weekly this week and I believe the delay is down to authorities not being able to agree a suitable position for the sculpture.

These things take time and usually entail a delay. Best to get it right though, so next year's cup final will do for me.

These things take time and usually entail a delay. Best to get it right though, so next year's cup final will do for me.

It was a surprise though hearing RL news on LBC

Any update on this? haven't heard it mentioned in ages cant find any news this year!

Martin Offiah had a sitting for it on 18/03, but nothing since then. I've just asked on twitter

Martin Offiah had a sitting for it on 18/03, but nothing since then. I've just asked on twitter

Somewhere in Lancashire perhaps?