Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

owls

Rugby League stadiums

154 posts in this topic

you keep saying this but whenever I go to the HJ, Langtree or DW it always compares favourably to when i go to MCFC, Lancs Cricket or Murrayfield.

There is no issue with the game or product.

Yep, I agree I enjoy the experience at each of those grounds.  Much better than the experience at the old stadiums although I always enjoyed Wilderspool.  Plus I've enjoyed the hospitality occasionally at each of the grounds and I'd say the DW does it best of the three.. 

The game is really good but we would not be tinkering with the structure or concerned about the future if all aspects of the product had no issues. 

You could probably add Alt Park, Guildford Park, Ninian Park, Scarborough, Any of Sheffield's early offerings, Nottingham, Mansfield, Craven Cottage( still used for Football I know)

Harvey Hadden in Nottingham is still in use by Nottingham Outlaws!

Anyway rightnow its OUR sport that's important.Wakefield 400.000 under capitalised?They say they haven't got a sugar daddy.I thought the new owner did wonders with his ground improvements.Something I can only applaud

I think he's one of those guys who is wealthy by average standards but isn't exactly stinking rich... that said, I confess to be lost in the nuances of the announcement - is £400k 'under capitalised' the same as a £400k loss, or is there a subtle difference? Speaking from experience, +£400k annual losses in the early to mid noughties were what sent the Bulls down into the mire.

You could probably add Alt Park, Guildford Park, Ninian Park, Scarborough, Any of Sheffield's early offerings, Nottingham, Mansfield, Craven Cottage( still used for Football I know)

Gosh Alt Park, I'm assuming where Huyton (previously Liverpool City with many names before and after) played.    Gosh, now that was poor facility or I should say dump in all it means immediately they built it.  It felt like a concrete Victorian ground in need of investment immediately upon building completion.