Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

popular side

Batley sunday

10 posts in this topic

will be a great pity if the same team carnt play this week every man played as a team.Haggerty lead the team around the pitch (something we have needed all season)

what a difference a full back makes,no disrespect to the guys who have played there out of position

hope we can keep most of the guys for next season and the locals just get better,

who needs floodlights when these guys can light up the pitch

As nest season is sooooo damn important, could we the fans do anything to help the club, would anyone be willing to pay a fiver / tenner a month to a players fund to keep our best players and possibly add a few excellent players to increase the healthy competition for places.

I would.  

I would as well Mick

Lee

This is a great idea . I've heard of other clubs having a supporters club purely to pay a players wage why not have a word with Pete murphy ? He's the new commercial manager , maybe he can come up with some kind of scheme ? I'm defo in!

The supporters club ran a similar exercise 10 years ago. Freddy Zitter among others were paid by this means. Surely somebody  else can remember this.

wonder if we can persuade Ben Hellewell to sign? if the players see we are up for strenghening the squad we will keep our top lads ,

don't forget the debt and floodlights before we start signing big name superleague players... :jester: