Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Wakefield Sharks

New England shirt due soon

22 posts in this topic

New England shirt out before the World Cup and apparently "incorporates tradition but with a youthful modern flare."

Let's hope it is decent - my missus, a new fan of RL, wants one.

"but with a youthful modern flare."[/i]

Peppa Pig will feature on the front of the shirt, along with the St George's cross.

Peppa Pig will feature on the front of the shirt, along with the St George's cross.

Or maybe that's why Wallace & Grommit were at the promo in Bristol the other day?

That link seems to be taking a long time to load, does it mention a date at all?

That link seems to be taking a long time to load, does it mention a date at all?

No. But helpfully they say the shirts will be out in time for the World Cup. I kind of took that as a given!!!

Hope they release it in the next month then my folks can bring one to Australia for me when they visit in September.

i really like the current one. Im all fora st Georges cross shirt, its our design now. Hopefully it wont be mediocre like the previous few

Ignore the sister and go straight to the brother.  George Pig will be ideal.

Should really be out now,why do they wait till the last minute?

Hope they make a big deal of the shirt launch, and offer it for sale in a wide variety of retail outlets, and not just online at the RFL store, or with club stores.

Looking forward to seeing it. The reference to a 'modern' feel makes me thing it might be more inline with some of the new football kits of the last year or so.

Hope they make a big deal of the shirt launch, and offer it for sale in a wide variety of retail outlets, and not just online at the RFL store, or with club stores.

Looking forward to seeing it. The reference to a 'modern' feel makes me thing it might be more inline with some of the new football kits of the last year or so.

In the South they may sell it in 1 - 2 shops in London?...

In the South they may sell it in 1 - 2 shops in London?...

You can get RL kits in quite a few central London shops.  Lillywhites - ###### though it is these days - had loads the last time I was in, for example.

Do Soccer Scene down Carnaby street still flog RL shirts?

I'm not sure that Soccer Scene is still there TBH.  I don't remember seeing it (but then I wasn't looking for it) when I last sauntered down that way in my union jack pants and jacket.

soccer scene is still there, for a time there was also rugby scene, but both have now been downsized. No RL jerseys in there last time i looked..

should really have been out after the Exiles game, and we'd have all been wearing them in the sunshine and on holiday - dirty word promotion in RL it seems

Good news because the current shirt is dreadful. Fingers crossed it won't have an ugly st George's cross through the middle. I would like to see a traditional V design like the old GB shirt I've got.

should really have been out after the Exiles game, and we'd have all been wearing them in the sunshine and on holiday - dirty word promotion in RL it seems

Exactly. People in England shirts with a World Cup logo on should have happened around St George's Day and promoted from there.

I disagree, let the SL finish then have a launch before the WC starts. There will be a buzz about the tournement as it will be every RL fans focus after the season. As long as the shirt is avsilae straight away its tge best way to market it.

Off topic, but why didn't superleague take a game to the host cities as part of the deal, a kind of test to see that they can generate local interest?