Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gingerjon

A Radio Thread

27 posts in this topic

Time we had a thread for the delights of the radio.

Let's start with Jake Yapp's rather too accurate Radio Four in Four Minutes.

Very good. One obvious flaw though; you need to be a pretty avid Radio 4 listener to get all the references.

Unfortunately, these days, I am. I thought it was a sign of aging when I started to forgo Radio 1 for Radio 2. But now, more often than not I find myself tuning to Radio 4. :(

"In Our Time" is the programme that just starts though!

I find I listen to a lot of Radio 4 Extra selectively via the iPlayer, probably followed by Radio 3 and Radio 4 in terms of amount.

Just being repeated now on R4E is an old series of the rather excellent 'Cabin Pressure'.

Radio 4 Extra is pretty good at times.

I enjoy 'Meet The Huggets'. Seems Paul

Whitehouse listened too.

There I said it.

"In Our Time" is the programme that just starts though!

I find I listen to a lot of Radio 4 Extra selectively via the iPlayer, probably followed by Radio 3 and Radio 4 in terms of amount.

Just being repeated now on R4E is an old series of the rather excellent 'Cabin Pressure'.

I get annoyed with Bragg on IOT sometimes as he is quite abrupt with experts. I know he is there to make sure the explanations are accessible to the audience and that the academics don't run away with it but on topics that require background explanation he often interrupts whereas it needs him to be quiet. 

Very good. One obvious flaw though; you need to be a pretty avid Radio 4 listener to get all the references.

Unfortunately, these days, I am. I thought it was a sign of aging when I started to forgo Radio 1 for Radio 2. But now, more often than not I find myself tuning to Radio 4. :(

Oh, and to prove I'm not a complete fuddy duddy old fart I listen to 6 Music quite a bit as well. :)

This was brilliant.

Sadly, I mostly listen to R4 despite being 27 years under the average age of the average listener.

It is indeed most definitely fab.

Cerys Matthews programme on Sunday mornings on 6Music is wonderful.

6 Music has some brilliant documentaries and old sessions in the middle of the night.

Nothing I've ever heard on the wireless comes close to TMS.

I've not been listening too much recently, but I understand Helen got laid last week in the Archers.

Shocking stuff.

Where is Jake Yapp now?  He was on Radio Leeds until earlier this year

I get annoyed with Bragg on IOT sometimes as he is quite abrupt with experts. I know he is there to make sure the explanations are accessible to the audience and that the academics don't run away with it but on topics that require background explanation he often interrupts whereas it needs him to be quiet. 

He's doing a programme on Lawrence and William Bragg "Bragg on the Braggs"  on Radio 4.  I don't suppose I'll get a mention! ;)

I listen to Radio 4 and Radio 4 Extra all the time. Occasionally Radio Leeds, and if in the area at the right time the RL programme on Radio Manchester.  I also listen to Absolute Radio 60's - but that's an age thing!

Nothing I've ever heard on the wireless comes close to TMS.

I've not been listening too much recently, but I understand Helen got laid last week in the Archers.

Shocking stuff.

Aye, that's right..and he's a wrong un, to be sure me old pal me old beauty.   and yesterday they were at it in bed,  Mind you, that's the Archers for you. Jennifer and Roger Petillo were at it years ago..and then there was Brian Aldridge and that Irish girl Siobhan Hathaway..bit of all right she was..a bit feisty but that was part of the attraction for Brian.....

Meanwhile Matt is out in Russia taking on the mafia..

What do you mean.."its not a documentary!  :O

I like Martyn Kelner on radio Leeds. His book on sport on TV was good too.

The Frank Skinner podcast from Absolute is one thing that I never miss.

Aye, that's right..and he's a wrong un, to be sure me old pal me old beauty.   and yesterday they were at it in bed,  Mind you, that's the Archers for you. Jennifer and Roger Petillo were at it years ago..and then there was Brian Aldridge and that Irish girl Siobhan Hathaway..bit of all right she was..a bit feisty but that was part of the attraction for Brian.....

What do you mean.."its not a documentary!  :O

But do you seek out Ambridge Extra?

well....I don't turn it off immediately if I  come across it by accident. 

He's doing a programme on Lawrence and William Bragg "Bragg on the Braggs" on Radio 4. I don't suppose I'll get a mention! ;)

I listen to Radio 4 and Radio 4 Extra all the time. Occasionally Radio Leeds, and if in the area at the right time the RL programme on Radio Manchester. I also listen to Absolute Radio 60's - but that's an age thing!

I listen to Absolute 60's sometimes and whilst I do like what they play, I disagree with the policy of not playing general 60's pop music. Lots of it was brilliant.

I listen to the World Service quite a bit. Some very interesting stuff on there.

Test Match Special

Radcliffe n Maconie

Mark Steel

Mark Thomas

Infinite Monkey Cage

I've recently only just discovered the Bugle podcast. Funniest thing on the web, radio or TV.

I've recently only just discovers the Bugle podcast. Funniest thing on the web, radio or TV.

you, Chris.

Aye, that's right..and he's a wrong un, to be sure me old pal me old beauty. and yesterday they were at it in bed, Mind you, that's the Archers for you. Jennifer and Roger Petillo were at it years ago..and then there was Brian Aldridge and that Irish girl Siobhan Hathaway..bit of all right she was..a bit feisty but that was part of the attraction for Brian.....

What do you mean.."its not a documentary! :O

I await her father's dissapointment speech some time in the autumn.