Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maccca-6-

next season

72 posts in this topic

CLOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think there's any need for insults. This site gets far too aggressive at times!

If they're over here legally, their is nothing wrong with it at all.

... Legally correct , Morally FLAWED ! ! !  But as a journalist its your job to "rake the mire" . . . Am amazed you post on this site , what with York being Relegated and You being a directer an all ! ! !   One  Direction . . . .   DOWN . . . . . . .  

... Legally correct , Morally FLAWED ! ! !  But as a journalist its your job to "rake the mire" . . . Am amazed you post on this site , what with York being Relegated and You being a directer an all ! ! !   One  Direction . . . .   DOWN . . . . . . .  

I... I don't even... What?

To be fair I think we've had a high degree of loyalty from our players in recent seasons. There are at least 6-7 players who were signed up in our promotion season of 2010 still here ... and then there's at least another four who have left, and then come back again when things haven't worked out at their next club.

And the ethos at the club has to have played a large part in that ... the players certainly don't play at Hunslet for the size of the wage packets or the adulation of the massive crowds ...

If they're over here legally, their is nothing wrong with it at all.

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right

Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more parochial...

Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more parochial...

Gav , i've worked on the building site for most of my life , as a self-employed joiner and i've had many a months out of work due to an influx of EU workers , as have a lot of my mates , half of em ar'nt even skilled but get work because there cheap , and i've seen it at first hand , and wait till the Romanians and Bulgarians come , if there cheap , they'll take jobs before British people , A+E and hospitals full and they hav'nt paid a dime into the state , but if the goverment say its right  ,  it must be...............

Gav , i've worked on the building site for most of my life , as a self-employed joiner and i've had many a months out of work due to an influx of EU workers , as have a lot of my mates , half of em ar'nt even skilled but get work because there cheap , and i've seen it at first hand , and wait till the Romanians and Bulgarians come , if there cheap , they'll take jobs before British people , A+E and hospitals full and they hav'nt paid a dime into the state , but if the goverment say its right  ,  it must be...............

If they're here and not paying their way that is a problem I completely agree mate.

But if they're here legally, working legally and as such paying in to the system and gaining necessary skills/qualifications, then there is no problem. 

well said rick, spot on.

If they're here and not paying their way that is a problem I completely agree mate.

But if they're here legally, working legally and as such paying in to the system and gaining necessary skills/qualifications, then there is no problem. 

Most of them that have settled will be paying tax/ insurance , but if a british worker is sat at home and an EU worker with the same skills is keeping him out of work , then to me its still wrong , just my view...................

Most of them that have settled will be paying tax/ insurance , but if a british worker is sat at home and an EU worker with the same skills is keeping him out of work , then to me its still wrong , just my view...................

Plenty of British folk emigrate all over the planet and work in different countries mate. Its a small world these days!

agency workers -  cheap labour, no holidays , no sickpay, no rights.Scurge of British Industry.

Plenty of British folk emigrate all over the planet and work in different countries mate. Its a small world these days!

Yes , but in such as Japan you have to have a degree to work there and be wanted for the job in question. I know I have been there.

Should be same rules here for us.

Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more exciting for me

Try the York one then

Yes , but in such as Japan you have to have a degree to work there and be wanted for the job in question. I know I have been there.

Should be same rules here for us.

Same with Oz. We can't just turn up. You have to be LOCAL

Same with Oz. We can't just turn up. You have to be LOCAL

Mr Chinnery's LOCAL , there always after vets down under.................

Anybody have a figure for how many British ex-pats are both living and working abroad?