Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Average Attendances

6 posts in this topic

With only a few more games to go in the season the average attendances on League games only are:-

Featherstone - 2416

Halifax - 1778

Leigh - 1571

Sheffield - 998

Barrow - 990

Dewsbury - 908

TOWN - 841

Batley - 796

Haven - 772

York - 740

Keighley - 735

Doncaster - 724

Swinton - 715

Hunslet - 544

Average Attendances for League plus cup matches are:-

Featherstone - 2220

Halifax - 1650

Leigh - 1510

Barrow - 1060

TOWN - 863

Dewsbury - 861

Sheffield - 848

Haven - 789

Keighley - 785

Batley - 762

Doncaster - 714

York - 694

Swinton - 681

Hunslet - 531

(Attendances as printed in League Express each week)

thats a good effort considering where we were a couple of years back.

Tells a tale . Bar Fev no one should be to chuffed with those numbers . We ask where are the fans , but so will most sides . Maybe rose tinted specs but I'm sure more folk used to watch second tier rugby . Must be hard work keeping clubs going , and when the restructuring comes it'll be very tough to compete in the middle group with those numbers . Even the top 3 , with SL ambitions will need a big increase . I thought at the start that we could have been looking at 1,000 this year , and that we deserved that , but it hasn't come unfortunately . Tomorrows crowd will be interesting . I think next year there is scope for evening games under lights .

The overall average attendance for all clubs in the league was 1038 and when cup matches (NR Cup and Challenge Cup) were added that dropped to 923.

Apart from the three Cumbria clubs and Keighley every clubs average dropped when cup matches were added.

I read an article about York . In 2006 their average attendance was 1700 , and they got relegated . A year before in the third tier they averaged nearly 2,000.

Isn't there a daft football match on tomorrow? think this will affect the attendance quite a bit.