Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Sheffield Eagles Game.

38 posts in this topic

Decent attendance, but where did they all hide?

Sheffield were vastly superior in every department. In particular they were extremely well organised which I guess must be down to coaching - moved up together; defended together; slowed down the ptb just enough; quick ptb when in possession; sharp accurate passing etc. I wonder how we can reach that level - anyone know?

Building a squad over several years, and not releasing 15 players and signing 15 new ones every close season.

A small number of good signings in the right positions should see us improve next year. A big nasty prop. Another half-back. A centre in the James Ford / Mick Nanyn mould.

Lets see who we can bring in playing in the world cup this year.

Prycey and craven actually formed quite a good partnership yesterday, and craven actually looked real good on the wing. Made afew good good breaks yesterday and pryce takes some stopping near that line. Glad both are staying next season and agree with tom post above. We look to be recruiting well for next season too! Hemingway Thackeray and haggerty sofar, another big prop, a good centre and an hooker and were sorted I reckon

Prycey and craven actually formed quite a good partnership yesterday, and craven actually looked real good on the wing. Made afew good good breaks yesterday and pryce takes some stopping near that line. Glad both are staying next season and agree with tom post above. We look to be recruiting well for next season too! Hemingway Thackeray and haggerty sofar, another big prop, a good centre and an hooker and were sorted I reckon

I will be surprised if Austin carries on for another season - too many injuries. That being the case we will need a decent winger.

We still need a lightning fast winger. Any ideas

Lets see who we can bring in playing in the world cup this year.

Are championship clubs only allowed one overseas player + how many from the South sea Islands? I pressume Ben Black is Batley's one overseas Aussie?

We still need a lightning fast winger. Any ideas

Could do worse than give Chris Walker from the sharks a go - highly rated at one time.

Are championship clubs only allowed one overseas player + how many from the South sea Islands? I pressume Ben Black is Batley's one overseas Aussie?

Any number of Kolpak players.

Pryce hasn't yet signed for next season. He's still upset by the comments that he received from a number of "fans"  earlier this year so can't decide whether to sign again or not.

What was the crowd yesterday 857 or 662?? Says 662 in the Sheffield telegraph but 857 everywhere else?? I'd say 662 looked more correct ??

I was one of the doubters but will admit he's proved me and so many others wrong. I hope he signs for next season!

Karl, if you ever read this forum, this is one fan who'd be very happy to see you in a Rams shirt next season. Top try scorer, probably leading play for assists and a few tris saved at full back as well, overall probably worth 25-30 tries this season.

Without you we would undoubtedly be in the relegation battle.