Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiders96

Barrow vs Workington predictions

43 posts in this topic

League Table is now

Sheffield 64points

Fev 61

Fax 56

Leigh 56

Batley 51

Donny 38

Dewsbury 36

Haven 36

Town 33

Keighley 31

BARROW 30

Hunslet 29

Swinton 28

York 25

Down to the wire it is but York seemed to be doomed.

Can somebody put on here the remaining games for York,Hunslet,Swinton & Keighley please.

town have 36points and are above haven.

Thursday 22nd August 2013

Kingstone Press Championship

Batley v Leigh 19:30   Dewsbury v Doncaster 19:30   Featherstone v Whitehaven 19:30   Keighley v Halifax 19:30   Sheffield v Hunslet 19:30   Swinton v Barrow 19:30   Workington v York 19:30  

Wednesday 28th August 2013

Doncaster v York 19:30   Featherstone v Sheffield 19:30  
Sunday 1st September 2013

Barrow v Keighley 15:00   Doncaster v Sheffield 15:00   Halifax v Workington 15:00   Hunslet v Featherstone 15:00   Leigh v Dewsbury 15:00   Whitehaven v Swinton 15:00   York v Batley 15:00

Well done Barrow and I hope you can do as well on Thursday at Swinton. That is one massive game for both clubs but as Baaarrow says Hunslet will be very fortunate to pick up another point and if Town beat York on Thursday you should be safe as I can't see York beating Doncaster and Batley.

Well done Barrow and I hope you can do as well on Thursday at Swinton. That is one massive game for both clubs but as Baaarrow says Hunslet will be very fortunate to pick up another point and if Town beat York on Thursday you should be safe as I can't see York beating Doncaster and Batley.

Thanks Keith, you should be proud of your lads, they've had to put their bodies on the line the last few weeks, far more than any team should have to. well done.

Great result for us and well played 1 to 17 also big up the Worky lads, they played their hearts out and pushed us all the way and the worky fans in great voice all the way thro.

Lee

Totally agree Lee. I thought really good game for the non committed but game itself was spoilt for me because it was so important we won. My only gripe was that I thought that the ref allowed Town to run offside constantly and lie on at the tackle but maybe I was biased.

Must apologize Wonky. Forgot about Wednesdays result. Town have 36points and Keighley 32 points.

well played barrow. dont think many town fans will be too bothered about losing to you today. cant see york or hunslet get another point so youll be safe and well send york down on thursday night.

A lots gonna depend on how many leeds players are playing for hunslet on thurs night as they have no game this weekend same for you lot at town you could rest some of your injured players and bang in a few widnes boys against york who are knackered and wont can use DR with hull being in the final on sat

Dual reg will play a big part on Thursday! This isn't a dig but all 3 of workys tries were from Widnes players or ex Widnes player

I think the super league clubs will want to use this weekend to rest players leading upto the play offs so I don't think there will be anymore dual reg players used than on any other weekend.

Totally agree Lee. I thought really good game for the non committed but game itself was spoilt for me because it was so important we won. My only gripe was that I thought that the ref allowed Town to run offside constantly and lie on at the tackle but maybe I was biased.

Must apologize Wonky. Forgot about Wednesdays result. Town have 36points and Keighley 32 points.

Best team won but we probably deserved a bonus point, why we kicked on first tackle for your last try is beyond me !! Enjoyed my day out down there good craic with the barrow fans, but come on Michael Mr Bloom give us nowt all game and your lads were offside at virtually every play the ball... what a cheek !!!!

It was said on RC that the RFL would not insist on SL teams playing 3 games in 8 days. Gary Charlton said that some of his lads would be on late shift at work or early shift tomorrow. SL players can concentrate on RL full time.

Good post unicorn. I agree Town deserved a BP and I was baffled by the first tackle kick. On the subject of offside I guess it depends who you are supporting because you never notice your own side offside. Was it Jamie Bloom who was reffing. Didn't he play for Halifax.

I still think you were lying on at the tackle. LOL

Good luck in the play offs.

I actually thought the ref had a decent game....both sides were laying on and lying offside so he was consistent with letting it go either way.

I was hoping for one more Worky score to give you the BP as you deserved it

Best team won but we probably deserved a bonus point, why we kicked on first tackle for your last try is beyond me !! Enjoyed my day out down there good craic with the barrow fans, but come on Michael Mr Bloom give us nowt all game and your lads were offside at virtually every play the ball... what a cheek !!!!

Every play the ball? I think that's a bit dramatic haha IMO ref wasn't too bad

What a difference in the team morale from last week ! Well played lads . Thought it was a great performance from both teams .

Refs are always better when you win and worse when you lose.

The only referee this season who has had an impact on the result of one of our games IMO was Hewer at home to Leigh, but apart from that they haven't really affected our results to much.