Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HappyDave

Oxford RL 'Academy' taking Coventry Bears place in NCL3 in 2014?

56 posts in this topic

Coventry bears arnt even in the top five of NCL three and in their current capacity just aint good enough to play in the pro ranks.

Lets see how they fare next season but I can see another RFL pipe dream coming crashing down.

Only just seen this. As has been mentioned, the playing side has minimal bearing on how the team look in C1.

What is more important at this stage in that respect is the player pathway to feed a C1 team, which we have in place, in addition to a strong plan for a team structure for C1.

I'm more than happy to talk you through the many reasons why we are ready to step up. No pipe dreams at Coventry Bears, just credible sustainable growth with new and innovative ways of developing a Rugby League club.

Only just seen this. As has been mentioned, the playing side has minimal bearing on how the team look in C1.

What is more important at this stage in that respect is the player pathway to feed a C1 team, which we have in place, in addition to a strong plan for a team structure for C1.

I'm more than happy to talk you through the many reasons why we are ready to step up. No pipe dreams at Coventry Bears, just credible sustainable growth with new and innovative ways of developing a Rugby League club.

Are you going to step up to Championship 1 next years, as originally planned, or in 2015 as hinted at in Rugby League World?

I was mearly questioning the wisdom of the rfl.

If you have a business plan to enter C1 good luck n all the best.

Personally I think your club would benefit more long term from staying on the NCL learning curve for the next couple of seasons at least rather than going too big too soon.

Does anybody know for sure if Barking and Dagenham are done?  Paddy posted a cryptic tweet, "So long and thanks for all the fish", and their Pitchero is now down.  Given they had a meeting on Monday to either fold the club or see somebody come forward to take over the running of it, does this mean the end?

Does anybody know for sure if Barking and Dagenham are done?  Paddy posted a cryptic tweet, "So long and thanks for all the fish", and their Pitchero is now down.  Given they had a meeting on Monday to either fold the club or see somebody come forward to take over the running of it, does this mean the end

This was on their facebook a couple of days ago -

"Today at the EGM, with no additional assistance or volunteers present from members, the local community or the RFL, the motion to dissolve the club was carried by 9 votes to 1. We wish anyone associated with us previously all the very best in anything they decide to do in the future."

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Barking-Dagenham-Bulldogs-RLFC/178856625539029