Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Junior

Best team in your area

40 posts in this topic

Seen a post on another thread with someone saying that in their opinion that East Leeds were the best Leeds team they had seen this year..........so this got me thinking who are the best team in each area?

The best teams in Leeds off the top of my head (sorry if I've missed anyone else out) -

East Leeds

Oulton

Milford

Hunslet Warriors

Hunslet Old Boys (winter)

Queens (winter)

Also over in Wakefield who would likely win if Stanley, Normanton and Sharlston were to play each other?

And what about the other areas in your opinion? (not looking to be mischievous just interested in peoples thoughts)

West hull even if they do pay players still a great club right from the bottom to the top

Yes agree west hull, east hull and Dockers far to inconsistent, skirlaugh and myton going thro tough times there youngsters will be better off next year

sharlston are easily the best team in the wakefield area, have been for a few years now.

I know i am biased but west hull hullfan is right we are great from top to bottom and the reason is because every one here wants to play for us and the standard of coaching is second to none

I know i am biased but west hull hullfan is right we are great from top to bottom and the reason is because every one here wants to play for us and the standard of coaching is second to none

And the pay's not bad either.

Better than Bank Quay?

I was talking to a few Bank Quay lads the other week and they told me that they had been struggling with numbers on match day and lost a couple of players to Woolston.

sharlston are easily the best team in the wakefield area, have been for a few years now.

Better than Lock Lane or Fryston?

Haven't some of the Fryston lads gone to Methley?

What about Drig? Finished above Old Boys again!

Well Brighouse are the best team in Brighouse!

If you go further afield to Halifax or Calderdale then Siddal are out in a league of their own.

well seeing as sharlston beat fryston in the national cup the other season (and yes i know it was abandoned) then yes. don't know about lock lane though, but i don't really class cas sides as wakefield.

Best team in Oldham ??

Got to be Oldham St Anne's best win lost ratio this year plus turned 2 teams out each week this year

I know we said open age only but got to say about youth section

We have teams from u7s to u18s that's 10 youth teams with 230 kids signed on playing rugby week in week out

Sorry went off topic but if you have something good why not shout about it

I suppose when you have/had a millionaire pumping money into the club it will attract players.

Best team in Oldham ??

Got to be Oldham St Anne's best win lost ratio this year plus turned 2 teams out each week this year

We have teams from u7s to u18s that's 10 youth teams with 230 kids signed on playing rugby week in week out

:girlinlove:

West hull even if they do pay players still a great club right from the bottom to the top

Is paying common in this league?

Better than Bank Quay?

Got to be Crosfields! Look at all the teams they run now. They've had a couple of little "blips" just recently - but the strength they show is how they reacted to it! Didn't moan and complain and blame everyone else - and that speaks volumes!

Is paying common in this league?

You've have had a sheltered life or your claims to have read the OR and being involved with a NCL club are false.

Best team in Oldham ??

That's my idea of the best club, we done to all concerned.

You've have had a sheltered life or your claims to have read the OR and being involved with a NCL club are false.

I have responded under a different thread as I didn't want to take this excellent thread off topic.