Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Junior

Best team in your area

40 posts in this topic

In York, acorn are the best team closely followed by acorn 2nd team then miles from them is heworth, new easrwick n lokos

Is paying common in this league?

It's common in West Hull and has been for years.

well seeing as sharlston beat fryston in the national cup the other season (and yes i know it was abandoned) then yes. don't know about lock lane though, but i don't really class cas sides as wakefield.

Ye they did but was an even game, imo just in Frystons favour, untill they had a few sent off. Cas is in Wakefield district so would class them in same bracket. Would be a good game but think LL would edge it, got a very strong squad this year. Over last 5 years tho Sharlston have been the strongest in the area but are also the only ones to my knowledge who pay top dollar to their players and coaches.

Better than Bank Quay?

Just a question, you think Bank Quay are better? Woolston easily best in town, in my opinion of course

Got to be Crosfields! Look at all the teams they run now. They've had a couple of little "blips" just recently - but the strength they show is how they reacted to it! Didn't moan and complain and blame everyone else - and that speaks volumes!

Depends what you mean by best then I guess, but 1st team best them twice this season haven't they?

So West hull, are at it again. Well done, but don't they understand, the meaning of ametuer. And if you do win, anything against a team, that is truly ametuer, then you have won nothing. Good luck the other 4 hull premiers,

Depends what you mean by best then I guess, but 1st team best them twice this season haven't they?

Yeah depends on whether you mean teams or clubs

Crosfields Ladies are unbeaten in the league this year. So probably the best team in Warrington :)

Yeah depends on whether you mean teams or clubs

Crosfields Ladies are unbeaten in the league this year. So probably the best team in Warrington :)

Well run club at crosfields with plenty of teams all way through.

As far as best first team, Woolston, Crosfields, then Bank Quay?

This season in Warrington. Fair assessment I think. Bank Quay struggling for the first time (ever) we'll have to see if they make a comeback

Woolston look to have missed out on promotion so if we get through the reelection we'll have that battle again next year for bragging rights

This season in Warrington. Fair assessment I think. Bank Quay struggling for the first time (ever) we'll have to see if they make a comeback

Woolston look to have missed out on promotion so if we get through the reelection we'll have that battle again next year for bragging rights

Will make a trip to them games next season then. Were they good games between the 2 this season?

Will make a trip to them games next season then. Were they good games between the 2 this season?

First one was desperately one sided for Woolston as they won 50-6.  Return game at Woolston was a much closer affair, Soap gave Woolston a lead and didn't recover enough..  Think there was a couple of scores in it in the end.  Next season I'm expecting more of the same close encounters

First one was desperately one sided for Woolston as they won 50-6.  Return game at Woolston was a much closer affair, Soap gave Woolston a lead and didn't recover enough..  Think there was a couple of scores in it in the end.  Next season I'm expecting more of the same close encounters

can I ask - how is the Woolston team made up? Is it mainly Woolston or Wizzards lads from last year or is it a pretty even split? Also I see they have managed to attract a couple of decent lads from other local teams too

No idea on the split of Woolston/Wizards players wasn't that familiar with them. Noticed a few ex BQ players in the ranks though

can I ask - how is the Woolston team made up? Is it mainly Woolston or Wizzards lads from last year or is it a pretty even split? Also I see they have managed to attract a couple of decent lads from other local teams too

Signed 2 Bank Quay lads, one was only 4/5 weeks ago. Think the split is pretty even from both clubs, had lads leave from both sides as wasn't happy with merger.

The coaching staff are from Wizards