Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Barrow Game

96 posts in this topic

looks as though it could be game over at 30-18 to barrow. hope we can hang on for the bp.

36-18 now.no bp for us either. schedule taking its toll on our lads.

Pity we couldn't have got a bonus point, schedule has been too much for semi pro's.

Win v York and bonus point at Halifax, would probably get 7th possibly 6th.

well beat york as there going to be on an all time low after today and us at home should be too much for them.it will be great for the fans and players to go out at derwent park with a win to round off a great season. whatever we get in the playoffs is a bonus so im not too bothered if its 7th or 8th. cant see anyone other than donny getting 6th.

well beat york as there going to be on an all time low after today and us at home should be too much for them.it will be great for the fans and players to go out at derwent park with a win to round off a great season. whatever we get in the playoffs is a bonus so im not too bothered if its 7th or 8th. cant see anyone other than donny getting 6th.

The BP that Donny have picked up today at home to Swinton takes them to 6th and Town and Haven drop to 7th and 8th.

I hate to think what Cox would have been like if Haven had had our schedule over the past couple of weeks.

Dews got late point to go above us, and they have to play donny.

York need three out of three wins now to have any chance of staying up.

Donny win in last minute, so yes they will finish 6th now.

Hard luck lads a bonus point would have been great today, but what you lot have had to do lately immense, take a bow the RFL !!!

Coxy is making excuses that _hitehaven look tired, well poor them!

Well played Barrow hope todays result helps.

Keep it going Town were all proud of you.

Hard luck lads a bonus point would have been great today, but what you lot have had to do lately immense, take a bow the RFL !!!

Coxy is making excuses that _hitehaven look tired, well poor them!

Well played Barrow hope todays result helps.

Keep it going Town were all proud of you.

well said marra.

They could have let us have a BP!! 

Just hope they can go to Swinton and do the business on Thursday now. We need Donny to deny Dews a BP now and hope we have enough left in the tank to beat York.

Good effort from the lads today, but Barrow had to win and we tired at the end.

Oh well. Kinda glad barra should've secured their safety all being well, just a pity we didnt get a point. Should be 4 derby games guaranteed next year now.

Big effort from whoever can still run on thursday to finish the home season off and  to hell with the last game lol

If the RFL had the balls to make Keighley travel following the postponed game we wouldn't be in this situation. Their failure to apply the rules correctly could cost us money in our final league position by I bet we aren't compensated for it!

That said, it may not have changed today's result and hopefully Its secured Barrows survival.

Well done Town for over achieving on our expectations for this season.

No. It's was called off because of rain that had materialised and flooded the pitch you ****. Now jog on back into 9th

And Town didn't call if off, it was a local RL commissioner, clubs cant just call off games , derrrrrrrrrrrr

I hope all Town fans are letting the RFL know their feelings on the ridiculous fixture schedule that we have had. I sent an e-mail to the CEO Nigel Wood and got an automatic reply to say he's out of the office until 22nd August!!!!!

Haven Warrior there is nothing in any of them posts to suggest that the game was called off by anyone other than the Match Commissioner and that is why so many Town fans were aggrieved as he gave Town no chance to get rid of the offending "puddle".

well done Barrow today ,a good win  for you guys,best wishes in your fight to pay off your debts, you are an honourable club.

Haven Warrior there is nothing in any of them posts to suggest that the game was called off by anyone other than the Match Commissioner and that is why so many Town fans were aggrieved as he gave Town no chance to get rid of the offending "puddle".

I was just reminding Geordie that at 3 pm the pitch was not flooded, as he suggested in his previous post. I however didn't have to resort to Petty Name Calling.

HW

PS, looks like we will have all 3 Cumbrian teams in this league next season, which I'm sure was all 3 clubs target at start of season.

And I didn't say it was flooded at 3pm. I did say however it was rain that HAD materialised and flooded the pitch. Do you really think the match commissioner would've called it off if it had been bone dry you fool. Not petty name calling just stating facts.

And I didn't say it was flooded at 3pm. I did say however it was rain that HAD materialised and flooded the pitch. Do you really think the match commissioner would've called it off if it had been bone dry you fool. Not petty name calling just stating facts.

Read the thread, most of your fans were amazed it was called off, some even turned up in the sunny weather expecting a game.

HW