Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

One Direction v The Who

40 posts in this topic

But we're a substitute for a proper band
We look pretty good but the message is bland
Some simple things you see are replicated
We look pretty young but we're just fabricated, yeah

;):tongue:

sounds no more like baba o riley than say- town called malice sounds like you cant hurry love or sit down by james sounds like panic by the smiths -this has been going on in music forever

sounds no more like baba o riley than say- town called malice sounds like you cant hurry love or sit down by james sounds like panic by the smiths -this has been going on in music forever

Eh? Neither of them sound like the other. Start by The Jam does sound like Taxman by The Beatles. And changing man by Weller IS '105398 Overture' by ELO

Eh? Neither of them sound like the other. Start by The Jam does sound like Taxman by The Beatles. And changing man by Weller IS '105398 Overture' by ELO

town called malice is you cant hurry love on bass with organ thrown over the top, the drum lines on panic and sit down are exactly the same, james were support band to the smiths- coincidence? think not

Alway's thought The Fun Boy 3 sounded and looked like a few from The Special's ?

The Fun Boy Three were a bit older and I think the Specials were too much too young.

Hypothetically speaking, If One Direction want a measure of their success, wait until one of them is bang to rights over a heinous crime but is wealthy enough to blag their way out of it, then they'll know they've made it big.

If One Direction want a measure of their success, wait until one of them is bang to rights over a heinous crime but is wealthy enough to blag their way out of it, then they'll know they've made it big.

Being a Simon Cowell boy  band is a heinous crime.

The real test is when someone plagiarises a One Direction song in 40 years time and people can say One Direction, without finishing the sentence with "who are they?" .:D

Being a Simon Cowell boy  band is a heinous crime.

Poor lad's might have to do something to be on his roll as Pop Music has a knack of having older manager type's liking the young boy's.

town called malice is you cant hurry love on bass with organ thrown over the top, the drum lines on panic and sit down are exactly the same, james were support band to the smiths- coincidence? think not

...and how about comparing 'Hello, i love you' by the Doors with 'All Day and all of the Night' by the Kinks?

...and how about comparing 'Hello, i love you' by the Doors with 'All Day and all of the Night' by the Kinks?

Easy.

One's brilliant and the other is .... brilliant.

If One Direction want a measure of their success, wait until one of them is bang to rights over a heinous crime but is wealthy enough to blag their way out of it, then they'll know they've made it big.

It was just research.  That's all it was.  Research.

No need to get all Yew Tree on them.

I'm pleased to say I couldn't pick any member of One Direction out of a line up or name any of their songs and long may that continue to be so!

A little unfair to say that Sit down and Panic are the same. They are in different key signstures Emaj and Cmaj respectively which as I'm sure you will know means that the two songs will have totally different chord sequences, however I am with you on the Town called Malice.

A little unfair to say that Sit down and Panic are the same. They are in different key signstures Emaj and Cmaj respectively which as I'm sure you will know means that the two songs will have totally different chord sequences, however I am with you on the Town called Malice.

yes sorry- panic and sit down are not exactly the same its the drum beat for me, don't you think "in the future when alls well" sounds like oasis?

yes sorry- panic and sit down are not exactly the same its the drum beat for me, don't you think "in the future when alls well" sounds like oasis?

You're not gonna believe this bedders but I made a conscious effort never to listen to Oasis after 94. I could listen to Noel Gallagher speak/play all day, but his younger sibling made me never really bother with them again, so I can't answer your question mate. Although just as an aside Drinking in LA by Brann Van 3000 has a definite likeness to Kelly Rowland's Ironically entitled single - Stole. The End of the world has we know it by REM was ripped off by Billy Joel with We didn't start the fire, but I've got onto Joel and could talk plagiarism all night.

I guess ultimately there are only 8 full musical notes, therefore some of the billions of songs will have certain likenesses.

Speaking of plagiarism, sadly I was watching an archive episode of the Bill on Drama the other day. The episode was from 1998 and featured a quiz that had been organised by Pc Reg Hollis. The first line of the quiz was 'My balls are black and blue and I've been hitting them with a mallet, what sport am I playing?'

The exact line was utilised by Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights some 4 years later.

The riff from Love Removal Machine by The Cult is a total copy of Start Me Up by the Stones

The riff from Love Removal Machine by The Cult is a total copy of Start Me Up by the Stones

Before my time cock.

Before my time cock.

It was only 1987. That's just recently in my book