Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OutOfTownRoughyed

congrats to the Rfl

9 posts in this topic

so as the dust settles on a great win in a topsy turvy derby i just want to mention the Rfl and what a complete farce they have made of the title race with us finishing two weeks before crusaders and if we end up in the playoffs its four weeks without a game now. Whatever will be will be now, well done to the team and the travelling support last nite. OTID proud to be a roughyed

As it seems likely that we will be in the nervous playoffs again does anyone know the format? Someone told me the old style playoffs no longer exist and there is a completely new format. 

There you go mate. Play offs in all their glory :)

Week 1

3rd-placed club v 4th-placed club (Match A)

5th-placed club v 6th-placed club (Match B.)

(2nd-placed club have a bye to Week 2)

Week 2

2nd-placed team v Winner Match A (winner to Play-off final, loser at home in Week 3) (Match C)

Losing team Match A v Winning team match B (loser eliminated) (Match D)

Week 3

Losing team Match C v Winner Match D (winner to Play-off final, loser eliminated) (Match E)

Week 4

Kingstone Press Championship One play-off final: Winner Match C v Winner Match E

This is more complicated than Duckworth-Lewis method in cricket.

I'm old fashioned and believe that the top two clubs in the league have earned the right to promotion by their performance over the season. Being a Hornets supporter it sticks in my throat to say this but if Oldham finish second then they should be promoted.  I suppose the rationale is that more clubs have something to play for at the end of the season.

Thought it was 3rd v6th ans 4th v 5th?

No, the format outlined by 'roughyed34' is definitely correct.

Other than being 2nd to 6th its the same as the old top 5 format that Super League had at the start and the Aussies had for decades.