Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

Dyeing Your Hair

103 posts in this topic

Is this the hair on your head you're discussing?

And Cameron. And both Milibands. And Mandelson. And Clegg.

They all sell snake oil.

Says the man wearing a hat.

;):tongue:

Don't believe the spin, going bald is disastrous for a man.

It's unfortunate, especially if you're young. But there's only one way to cope with it. Man up, accept it and go for the number one or number two clippers all over shave.

I've loads of friends and acquaintances who have done this and women still find them attractive.

It's unfortunate, especially if you're young. But there's only one way to cope with it. Man up, accept it and go for the number one or number two clippers all over shave.

I've loads of friends and acquaintances who have done this and women still find them more attractive than me.

That's what you actually meant wasn't it  :tongue:

I've loads of friends and acquaintances who have done this and women still find them attractive.

Being bald suits some guys. But its better to have the choice. This isn't a thread about going bald though.

That's what you actually meant wasn't it  :tongue:

It's true.

I've been rejected by some of the ugliest women in Yorkshire.

And that was only last weekend.

They'll be a thread about manscaping next. Which every man should do incidentally.

I think Jamie Peacock should break out the dye actually. He's very grey, at least I am near 50.

This is perhaps easy for me to say - mid-fifties and just a few 'highlights' of grey (the kind of which some people would spend a fortune on - but I would say forget it. If you want to stay looking younger than you are eat healthily, don't smoke, don't drink to excess and do plenty of exercise. It is 23 years since my wife and I left the athletics club we were in but when we see photos of people who are still active members after all this time they just don't seem to have aged - even if they have gone grey!

If you want to stay looking younger than you are eat healthily, don't smoke, don't drink to excess and do plenty of exercise.

Do that and you won't live any longer but it will seem like forever.

It seems to be the in thing these days to shave your head to emulate baldness and go around with ripped jeans. I was a trend setter 30 years ago and didn't realise it.

As you get older you need to be careful of the colour you pick, skin tone changes as you get older.

What colour are you think of ?

Don't do it muddy brown.

Personally think grey hair looks fine on men, mine is a about 10 different colours as my hair is fading rather than going grey

I've got a decent amount of grey hair and I'd never dye the stuff, quite happy with it really.  It's far more noticeable when I get a quite short haircut.  The only thing that's getting very noticeable is the once dark beard turning more white than dark.

We had one guy at one place I worked one day come in with very grey hair after years of seeing him with dark brown, he finally gave up and rinsed it through.  Strangely enough, he looked younger with the grey hair than brown...

Now, if you were a lecturer at a university and you had a new intake due in in a few weeks time then you may be considering anything that makes you look like less of a dirty old man when letching at the young ladies.

It's true.

I've been rejected by some of the ugliest women in Yorkshire.

And that was only last weekend.

Keep out of Rawcliffe

Why? Is it crawling with them?

Anyway, I wouldn't be taking any liberties. Those South Yorkshire birds are rock hard.

;):tongue:

If you want to stay looking younger than you are eat healthily, don't smoke, don't drink to excess and do plenty of exercise.

I'm 59. One out of three ain't too bad.

:tongue:

The best way to look young is to hang around with old people. That's why I post on here .

I've got a decent amount of grey hair and I'd never dye the stuff, quite happy with it really. It's far more noticeable when I get a quite short haircut. The only thing that's getting very noticeable is the once dark beard turning more white than dark.

We had one guy at one place I worked one day come in with very grey hair after years of seeing him with dark brown, he finally gave up and rinsed it through. Strangely enough, he looked younger with the grey hair than brown...

Now, if you were a lecturer at a university and you had a new intake due in in a few weeks time then you may be considering anything that makes you look like less of a dirty old man when letching at the young ladies.

:P young people don't have a clue when it comes to guessing how old you are. Last year my students said they were having a guess my age sweepstake. None of them got close and the majority thought I was in my mid 20s :D

My problem is that my grey consists of a big streak at the front as opposed to the more classy even spread. Not a good look.

I don't look my age (or act it lol) its just more a case that I don't want grey hair, especially as it has crept up so quickly. Probably stress of life and shirt going on but still. ...

Try a semi permanent, some wash out in 6 weeks,  although experience says much less, depending on how frequently you wash your hair. 

Select a shade one lighter than your normal colour then you will get a more natural look as the grey area gives you light tones, if you don't like it you don't have to wait for it to grow out.

Try a semi permanent, some wash out in 6 weeks, although experience says much less, depending on how frequently you wash your hair.

Select a shade one lighter than your normal colour then you will get a more natural look as the grey area gives you light tones, if you don't like it you don't have to wait for it to grow out.

Thanks. You sound like something of an expert ;)

I've been both thinning and greying since my late 20s. At 36 I'm now fairly thin up top but they greying hasn't increased anywhere near as much. I started to shave my hair myself at about 28 and have been doing ever since, so little point trying to dye it really in my situation as all I'd be doing is painting my scalp. :lol: