Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tim2

Midlands Finals

12 posts in this topic

Leamington beat Derby in the division 2(Merit) final 54-18 (3 red cards according to reports!)

Coventry Bears A beat NEW Ravens in the Division 1 final 50-16

Telford beat Cov Dragons 14-4

Yea one red for our player which was deserved and two for Derby. It was a bit of niggle between certain players and on the most part both teams behaved.Our game was tame compared to the Cov Dragons game which also had 3 red cards but one of the players who had been sent off ran back onto the field to get involved in an on field fight.

one of the players who had been sent off ran back onto the field to get involved in an on field fight.

That player should be banned for life - such a dog thing to do.

The Midlands Disciplinary Panel is going to be on overtime! Very unusual to have a game with 3 cards, let alone 2 in one day.

I think in truth the players and officials felt the heightened sense of occasion and though that is not an excuse I think it played its part. I've seen worse regular season games where the same incidents would have brought yellow and not red cards. However its good that the officials clamp down on this sort of thing so no complaints from me.

Running back on is always a red.

Sounds like he'd already had a red so shouldn't have even been pitch side.

Big ban?

Running back on is always a red.

Sorry I was referring to the Leamington Derby game, not the incidents that occurred in the premier final.

That player should be banned for life - such a dog thing to do.

Huge ban with a sine die ban suspended

He will probably get a dozen games but it needs looking at how he was in a position to run back on.

He will probably get a dozen games but it needs looking at how he was in a position to run back on.

It's surprising that players and officials aren't aware that players who are sent off have to vacate the immediate playing area and stay away. It's not just amateurs either - I was 5th official at a game at Don Valley and the Match Commissioner had to tell one of the players who had been sent off to go to the changing rooms (which are on the opposite side) after he went to the dug out. It's a real walk of shame at Don Valley - a long way for the crowd to make its feelings known. Hopefully no-one will have to make that walk in Thursday's last ever game there.

I guess we should await any reports before becoming judge, jury and executioner.