Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6brackendale

Featherstone Lions

17 posts in this topic

They beat Woolston convincingly last time out. Did Sharlston Rovers have a pre season friendly?

Featherstone have failed to travel today.

Is there a reason as it doesn't look like they've conceded the points as the games coming up as postponed on the NCL site.

You can't "concede" points in NCL as the rules states all games have to be played, so will show as P-P until played

In sure the reasons will transpire shortly

Apparently they couldn't afford to travel.

Its a shame they've ended up in this situation after picking up some form recently

Apparently they couldn't afford to travel.

Not easy for any club paying for coaches but I would say it is one of the priority's of been in the NCL that you can fulfil fixture which includes travelling to the away games. Paying players is not a priority and is the first step down a slippery slope. If Featherstone Lions are doing this then they only have themselves to blame, does seem a shame that a club that produces as many player that they do struggle for players that are totally committed to them. Hope they can get sorted and sort their problems out. 

I wonder which muppet started the false rumour about them not being able to afford to travel? the coach was there waiting!

really feel for the hardworking committee there who have been let down.

I wonder which muppet started the false rumour about them not being able to afford to travel? the coach was there waiting!

really feel for the hardworking committee there who have been let down.

It's an hard one to work out, they appear to have a thriving junior section but lose players once they turn open-age.

Good luck to Clive and the rest of the committee at Lions. I hope they manage to turn round the clubs fortunes. Been close to the "edge" with my own club. Not a nice situation and takes a lot of hard work from a lot on unpaid volunteers to put it right. Loyal players help but they are thin on the ground these days.

Good luck to Clive and the rest of the committee at Lions. I hope they manage to turn round the clubs fortunes. Been close to the "edge" with my own club. Not a nice situation and takes a lot of hard work from a lot on unpaid volunteers to put it right. Loyal players help but they are thin on the ground these days.

Too true Celtic - i think a lot of clubs are close as you say 

Close to the edge, I have spoken to most , of the premier teams managements, and they are all struggling, all citing summer, as the reason. Even at st pats, we're Peter Moran was seen at most home games in winter, are in the same boat. By the way, Peter has,nt been seen much in summer, maybe he,s in the garden, or on a stag doo, even a wedding, or probably on holiday. Or got his head buried in the sand, at southport.

If this is the case then surely the club reps need to inform the NCL management committee asap!

My view of the NCL is that is ran by the clubs for the clubs or have I miss read this!

As this season draws to a close we need some decent proposals to either tweek the format and make summer work or have a long hard think about staying as we are.

If this is the case then surely the club reps need to inform the NCL management committee asap!

My view of the NCL is that is ran by the clubs for the clubs or have I miss read this!

As this season draws to a close we need some decent proposals to either tweek the format and make summer work or have a long hard think about staying as we are.

Only after a recommendation from the committee who have been doing good deals with the RFL since 1066