Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

March says Finn to Fax

77 posts in this topic

It is a remarkable scoring record especially when players do not play as many games as they use to.

Remember Don Fox being able to kick goals from the touch line wearing slippers

It is a remarkable scoring record especially when players do not play as many games as they use to.

Remember Don Fox being able to kick goals from the touch line wearing slippers

No.  I remember him kicking one from just to the right of the posts though.

I bet you can't remember him breaking windows on Post Office Road at regular intervals?

Always the greatest in my book was Don. Played against him when he played for Sharlston opposing scrum halves. His football brain was always 5 yards in front of anybody else. Pity he is remembered for that kick. Finn is a great clubman I hope he stays.

Pinchazo.

Pinchazo.

Ah - the welcoming voice of Featherstone Rovers !! :laugh:

And we wonder why away support is so low ........ ;)

Ah - the welcoming voice of Featherstone Rovers !! :laugh:

And we wonder why away support is so low ........ ;)

I never wanted to ever reply to you because you're an Imbecile, but I know the Fox family, and I feel strongly about your smart ass wit on this topic. You have the audacity to call me and my fellow supporters when you have stooped so low as to poke fun at a man who carried the guilt of that moment to his grave, who is remembered by true fans for the magnificent things he did on the field. And who is not in a position to defend himself. Reply to this if you want, because you've beaten me, because I never thought I would have dialogue with such a person like you.

By the way all the other clubs must bad mouth the Eagle's cos your away support is very low everywhere else.

Maureen please don't lock the thread I will not cause any more angst ,my rant is over, I just felt the need to defend a hero of my late father.

I'm not going to lock the thread at all

Snide & disrespectful comments directed at deceased players -who ever they are - will not be tolerated on this forum.

Our friend who made them recently has recieved a formal warning.

Jimmy B

Snide & disrespectful comments directed at deceased players -who ever they are - will not be tolerated on this forum.

Our friend who made them recently has recieved a formal warning.

Jimmy B

This was a joint decision taken after a discussion took place

Maureen

Don Fox- Legend

This is what I said.  He kicked the goal.  In his slippers.  On the Monday after the final.  At Belle Vue.

Pop down to the doctors about that paranoia.  All of you.

You knew exactly what you were doing griff.

I refer to the comments I made aboutyou on this forum some weeks ago which rightly attracted a moderators warning. I standby those comments.

You knew exactly what you were doing griff.

Yes, I did.  Unfortunately, you did not.

Owt tha sezz griff

Another of my dad's sporting heroes, with someone who'd have been his greatest hero had he have lived long enough to have seen him.

post-6060-0-94059600-1377687137_thumb.jpg

If Don had been born with his pace and physique, he would have been the greatest player ever to lace a pair of boots!

Many argue Neil holds that accolade anyway notwithstanding Alexander the great!

neil fox at 19 years old was a colossus of the game. magnificent athlete, top goal kicker. stood out in a team full of stars. oh, and modest too

Many argue Neil holds that accolade anyway notwithstanding Alexander the great!

You've got a point there Robin, and he was nearly as skilfull as Don. Our Ian still hangs about with him occasionally from the time they played at Bradford together in the late 70's. Neil was playing 2nd row at the time and approaching 40, but he still taught the Aussies a trick or two with his ball-playing skills when they played a tour game at Odsal. Before that he'd been player-coach at Huddersfield, but their Peter still knew his worth and brought him to Bradford, solely as a player.   

On tour to Australia in 2008, I sat with Neil, Billy Boston and Alex Murphy and they went through a list of players to beat the Aussies. At half back they said Murphy at 6 with Don at 7. Murphy said he was the only Scrum half he would haved played stand off to when in his prime. Think that shows what top players thought of Don.

My Grandad used to wax lyrical about Peter Fox's offloading (that obviously wasn't the phrase he used!) skills - or his propensity to throw the ball anywhere, when discussing his time at Batley. According to him, he was definitely the lesser of the three brothers in terms of playing ability by quite a distance. I'd have loved to have seen Neil Fox in his prime, sounds like he was a magnificent player. Don't suppose there's any footage out there?