Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE RED ROOSTER

Who should replace London Broncos in Superleague 2014 ?

378 posts in this topic

Lets just accept London Broncos as not being in Super League for 2014, I therefore asl this forum the question that no doubt is the cause of many a late night Pizza Hut delivery to Red Hall - Who should repolace them ?

Easy 13 Club League

But the RFL is commi9tted to the "Magic" weekend in Manchester, on 17/18 May 2014. It won't run with 13 Clubs.

Easy Toulouse can play Catalans

But 2014 is the year of death in the Super League and points will be at a premium in 2014. You gifting Catalans 2 points then ?

Bring in a championship club. My village team is going great guns bring on the Super League

Even if a championship club could secure a wealthy backer where would the players come from. Most players of Super League standard are already snapped up and anyway if the game had the resources that allowed clubs to move from the championship to Super League we would not be talking about reducing Super League to 12 clubs would we.

Never mind our boys are from a traditional heartland Club are they can run for  the full 80 minutes

And if results for Batley, Featherstone and Sheffield against the worst London Broncos team ever to set foot on the field are to go by they will be spending the 80 minutes getting back into position having conceded another try and on the end of 40 point thrashings most weeks.

Part-Timers against Full timers

Yet many on this board and certain LPL journalists claimed the Championship clubs would win. Anyway do you have the money to go full time for 2014 ?

They don't spend money watering the grassroots at my club, Thousands have been transferred to London and Crusaders, The referees have also been paid by the RFl to help these Clubs against our boys.

If the gentleman at the Batley Challenge Cup game last year who came out with this. Is reading this post and dribbling over his keyboard let me point out that professional referees do get paid by the RFL it's called wages and as for RFL money transfers to London please PM me if you know the date and time for the severance payment. Anyway what's all this got to do with your club and Super League in 2014 

Easy Forget the championship and bring in Toulouse

Yes, but we then get The French Question which bedevils P&R - where do you relegate a French Club to.The Championship ?. It was not a great success last time was it and I can hear the complaints from West Yorkshire and Cumbria about travelling expendses as I type this.

So there you have it - discuss

Maybe Garry Schofield has access to t'interweb and can tell us all the answer......

Lets just accept London Broncos as not being in Super League for 2014...

Its as easy as that is it?

If there is no London Broncos franchise I think the RFL are going to have to look to fund a 14th team as a stop-gap measure.  It's not like anybody will lose out by the Broncos away support not turning up.

I'd look to the model of the Unicorns that have been dicking around in the 40 over cricket league.

Like I say, just for 1 season until everything is sorted from 2015 onwards.

Lets just accept London Broncos as not being in Super League for 2014, I therefore asl this forum the question that no doubt is the cause of many a late night Pizza Hut delivery to Red Hall - Who should repolace them ?

No brainer for me.

Toulouse who apparently need to start in SL to grow and will allow the RFL and those interested in expansion to ignore questions on London and Wax lyrical about an anglo-french comp and a return to meaningful northern hemisphere international test matches.

To put any of the CC clubs up is a poison chalice for them shurely? Who'd want it? They weren't chomping ay the bit to replace Bradford....

London not the Broncos.

Madness to abandon them.

How about a London team (ran by the RFL) based on their young lads playing out the year on the road at low cost grounds like Hemel/Skolars/Oxford?

Easy

Promote the team that comes top of the championship, but don't give them any time to prepare or Superleague money

That's the precident isn't it

Also it solves the issue of who to relegate at the end of the season, at least partly

London not the Broncos.

Madness to abandon them.

Yet it might be unavoidable.

Winners of the championship grand final, not enough time for Toulouse to assemble a playing squad, coaching staff, administration team and ground etc.

Never mind our boys are from a traditional heartland Club are they can run for  the full 80 minutes

And if results for Batley, Featherstone and Sheffield against the worst London Broncos team ever to set foot on the field are to go by they will be spending the 80 minutes getting back into position having conceded another try and on the end of 40 point thrashings most weeks.

My information on the Sheffield game is that London had a lot of help from the ref. As for the Fev game, Fev led at half time and just ran out of steam - part- timers against full time pros.

If Fev's performance last season against Cas and Wigan are any guide they wouldn't make a bad fist of SL - I'm sure they'd have no difficulty finishing bottom.  I reckon Sheffield also could put up a show at this level given full time players.

TBF any Championship side would need a bit more notice before entering 2014 comp.  I personally would perfer a proper P&R season to decide which team's in SL and which team's out.

Yet it might be unavoidable.

This game has been edging on suicide since 1895, one day they will find the right method.

My information on the Sheffield game is that London had a lot of help from the ref.

Nope.

london broncos but properly capitalised and with access to a decent playing base

My information on the Sheffield game is that London had a lot of help from the ref. As for the Fev game, Fev led at half time and just ran out of steam - part- timers against full time pros.

If Fev's performance last season against Cas and Wigan are any guide they wouldn't make a bad fist of SL - I'm sure they'd have no difficulty finishing bottom.  I reckon Sheffield also could put up a show at this level given full time players.

TBF any Championship side would need a bit more notice before entering 2014 comp.  I personally would perfer a proper P&R season to decide which team's in SL and which team's out.

Where did this information come from?

The voices in his head.

Hopefully London survive and move to the hive next season,that 'in itself'should save them 10s of thousands of ££££££££ a year.

Get rid of the high earners and trust in the youth they've developed and mix a few experienced players in with them.

If thats not enough then the other sl clubs will need to tip in a few quid to get them through the 2014 season.

Just be open and honest about it instead of the usual bull they come out with

This game has been edging on suicide since 1895, one day they will find the right method.

One way might to take over a club that loses a couple of million a year.

One way might to take over a club that loses a couple of million a year.

Or try to support 30 odd clubs that between them lose several millions per year.

Or try to support 30 odd clubs that between them lose several millions per year.

Thank God nobody suggested that they should.

From someone (a Leeds fan) who watched the game, and a letter in LE about refereeing standards. Are you really saying Dave that refs don't favour SL sides when they play Championship sides in cup-ties? Because if you believe that you'll believe anything.  I've seen it countless times, at Fev and in the occasional televised tie.  In fact as I posted recently, the only time I've ever seen a player sinned-binned for "persistent off-side" was in a cup tie between Fev and Leeds.  Even last year when in the end Fev were fairly beaten by Wigan, Tomkins clearly knocked on under his own posts and the officials ignored it and penalised Fev for some unknown misdemeanor on the next tackle.

On the question of the magic weekend, the RFL should invite either Toulouse or a well placed CC side e.g. Fev or Sheff. All games should be done by lots, no derbies, no seeding. That way although one side gets a "soft game", nobody is intentionally advantaged or disadvantaged.

From someone (a Leeds fan) who watched the game, and a letter in LE about refereeing standards. Are you really saying Dave that refs don't favour SL sides when they play Championship sides in cup-ties? Because if you believe that you'll believe anything. I've seen it countless times, at Fev and in the occasional televised tie. In fact as I posted recently, the only time I've ever seen a player sinned-binned for "persistent off-side" was in a cup tie between Fev and Leeds. Even last year when in the end Fev were fairly beaten by Wigan, Tomkins clearly knocked on under his own posts and the officials ignored it and penalised Fev for some unknown misdemeanor on the next tackle.

So you didn't watch the game yourself?

As it happens, I did and what I can tell you is that Sheffield couldn't retain possession and continually gifted London field position.

It took a while for London to capitalise as the Eagles did actually defend reasonably well but, once they did, it was game over.

The ref was fine.

What is it with Toulouse , they had relegation exemption for 2 seasons, left  bottom of the league and have an average stadium. Championship ! for them to start again.